Utah guys- who's up for Cherry Creek on sept. 25- 26?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, how's it going? I may be interested in going somewhere. I've never been to Cherry Creek. What's it like terrain-wise?

Just to let you know, I'm a beginner rider, but I'd be willing to check out or go riding wherever as long as it isn't too nasty.

OK, I just checked my topo maps. I see Cherry Creek right next to the sand dunes with lots of dirt roads. What do you ride out there? The dirt roads? Creek bottoms? Sand dunes?

What type of riding is it? Fast? Technical? Sandy? Rocky?

Is it good for ATVs and bikes? Is it a good location for family rides with little bikes?

You can find just about any type of riding out there. You just need to know where to go! Explore and have fun! I haven't been out there since last year, so I'll be a little rusty at knowing where everything goes. So little time.... so much riding to do!

mildlifestart- I'd be stoked about riding there for 2 days, now that I've thought about it some more! I'd just leave my bike out there (so I don't have to drag the trailer all that way) and drive home for the night.

Whiskey- I hope you can make it! That's one hell of a fun place to ride! I have had sooo much fun there and I miss it. Don't even worry about being a beginner; you'll do fine.

I wish I was going to Moab! I just don't have any money and I shouldn't miss any classes. Have fun Dan! That's going to be awesome! ?

Cherry Creek is a good place for about any kind of riding you want.

It's a good place to do family rides. When with kids and ATV’s, avoid the hills to the north, since that’s where you'll find most of the technical single track.

There are some fun washes, both sand and rocks. You'll find whoops about everywhere you go (except the hills). Since most of the trails are old or current race courses, they can get pretty whooped out and torn up.

You can ride over to the dunes if desired. Most of Jerico is fenced off, but there are several openings which allow for access, or you can enter from the far west out by Cherry Creek. If entering from the west, be prepared for miles of deep, sandy whoops.

There are some fun washes, both sand and rocks. You'll find whoops about everywhere you go (except the hills). Since most of the trails are old or current race courses, they can get pretty whooped out and torn up.

This is what cracks me up about cherry Creek. Maybe I'm a wimp or something but, I just don't get a kick out of miles and miles of whooped out trails. My brother seems to enjoy it but, I tolerate them at the dunes in order to get from one place to another.

Am I the only one that doesn't enjoy being beat up by ancient roost holes?

mx

This is what cracks me up about cherry Creek. Maybe I'm a wimp or something but, I just don't get a kick out of miles and miles of whooped out trails. My brother seems to enjoy it but, I tolerate them at the dunes in order to get from one place to another.

Am I the only one that doesn't enjoy being beat up by ancient roost holes?

mx

No, you're not the only one. But, if you ride in the mountains to the

north, then you avoid most of the whooped-out crap and get into some

nice single track riding. ?

The only bad thing is the whooped-out crap is available year-round and

the single track isn't.

I really like whoops in moderation. Nothing but whoops for miles and miles sucks! I like to try and keep the whoops to 10-15% of the total riding and spread that out through the day. Too much and I get worn out, but I still really enjoy riding on some here and there. I think riding through whoops is GREAT exercise and I wish there were a few on every ride. ?

Ok, so we have a probably from whiskey, a probably from midlifestart, a definitely from me, and we're all down for a two day adventure if the weather is good. The current weather predictions say that it will probably be perfect. Anyone planning on bringing any family or friends?