Sign in to follow this  

What throttle tube do I need?

I need to get my hands on one ASAP. Overnight if possible. I wonder if any of the local dealers might have something that will work? :thumbsup:

You will be intersted to know exactly what everybody means when they say that you need to replace the tube if you are going to change your grips. The grip is not simply glued to the throttle tube...it is molded to the the tube. In fact if you look at the fiche on Ron Ayers it is one part with one part number for the tube and grip.

I need to know what tube is compatible so that I can find one to use with my aftermarket grips.

I think I could grind down the old one to make it work...but clearly a new tube is the much better solution.

I have fould only one aftermarket tube ($$$ Billet) that says it will fit a DRZ. I several different ones for the RM. Will one of these work...does anybody know?

Mutual,

I did a little research for you and found that the only cross reference besides the klx is the DR350 from 92-99 uses the same tube.

A utility knife and a 4 1/2 grinder is all that is needed to remove the old one :cry: It is a PIA for sure but if it is your only way it can be done.

Oh and I'm fairly certain now that the rm tubes will not fit on the drz, no one uses the same part number for them.

i know exactly what your talking about...

I changed my grips on my bike....

I basically just took the original throttle tube off the bike, and got a knife and basically widdled the old grip off of the tube....

I already started that job. I guess I will just have to follow through. I will need to grind down some of the ridges designed to give the original moulded grips to cling too.

Thanks for your help.

The ridges aren't really needed anyway. Just use glue with the new grips. Then when you order something have them throw in a new throttle tube.