TTR 250 hp ?

What kind of hp are these bikes putting out stock ?

I'm looking at buying a couple for offroad touring purposes.

Want to make sure they are not too underpowered.

I'd be interested to compare them to say a CRF230. What sort of power/torque difference is there?

Furthermore, how do they react to a new muffler?

What sort of jetting is required to make them run right?

Appreciate your input

There was a guy on here about 5-6 months ago that used to bike for just this purpose. Try doing a search on "ttr 250" back at least 6 months if not a year.

I would guess hp in the 21-24 range and they do pull better than a crf230. We had a fmf megamax on ours and it helped in the power department but not a major over the top difference. Comparable to uncorking the stock exhaust. I like the sound of the oncorked stocker too. I run mine from 1500 ft up to 6000 with no major draw backs, and it is on the stock jetting. Jets for this carb are tough to come by but not impossible.

Overall it is a better bike than the 230s, suspension is adjustable and is has the disc brake. YOu can lower them to fit different size people, by using a kpouba link or shaving a couple inches out of the couch (read as seat).

All in all A very good bike that will take loads of "rental" type abuse and I believe they can be easily dual sported if that is needed. Where as the crf needs lights and stuff. Beginners will find them easy to ride yet the more advanced won't be bored.

The tt-r250 will waste a CRF230. They are in a different class. The TT-R250 is very similar to an XR250R in all aspects. It does have a slight power advantage, but only a bit. Can't compare it to a CRF230, that would be comparable to the yamaha TT-R230.

I don't know exact hp numbers but around 18 hp for TTR230/CRF230 and 23hp or around for the xr250r/ttr250

• 4 weeks later...