Sign in to follow this  

New pants

Just got my new Thor Static pants in today. I really wanted a pair of OTB pants, though overall I like the normal kind. I also wanted ones that zip off into shorts. Can't beat the price at $80.

Pluses:

-Comfy

-Thick material

-Lots o' pockets

-Stylish (because that is KEY! :devil: )

Minuses:

-Kinda short, but everybody says that's on purpose so your pantleg doesn't snag on stuff. Still, I don't like the way they hike up when I bend at the knee.

-Big ol' patch of white on the back of the thigh. Looks nice--until the first mud splatter.

They feel pretty comfy. At first I thought they were too tight. That last 1/2 inch of zipper took some coaxing. But then I looked at the tag--they ordered a size smaller than I asked for. Hmm--honest mistake, or did they do it on purpose? :thumbsup: I'm not sure if they're tight enough to send back or not. I AM planning on losing weight (yeah right, huh?) someday. I have a favorite pair of pants that I can't get on anymore that I will really miss if I can't wear them again someday.

Anyway, overall, I like them so far. Haven't ridden in them yet. Just wearing them around the house, listening to my legs go swish-swish-swish.

I just got my new MSR gear last week in grey, white, and black. I love them. They are the most comfortable riding pants yet! They are also a little short in the leg, but what can you expect from a size 4. At least they're not way too long like most are(I'm only 5ft tall). However, for the lovely WA weather this time of the year I will spend the rainy days in a pair of waterproof snowboarding pants. They were $15 on clearance and keep me warm and dry. :thumbsup:

FC~ if I were you, I'd exchange them for the next size. I'm sure the guys would prefer the tighter ones, but just imagine spending hours at a time in 'em (especially if you've got to bend over). I don't know about you, but I tend to get a little water weight gain w/ my "monthly event" and I wouldn't want to be stuck in a tight waist.

I haven't decided if they're too bad or not. They don't dig in or restrict at all, just hard to get zipped. I'm wearing them around the house and debating. I'd be more likely to do it if the next size up is longer. I already ripped the tags off though, I got a little antsy. Oh well, takes 2 minutes to put the tags back on with the little gun thingy.

We'll see. I won't be riding until next weekend, when I drive down to Oregon to meed Drew and the rest so I have time to decide.

No pics yet--I don't have a digital. :thumbsup: Maybe I'll borrow the one from work tomorrow.

As for lip balm--I learned my lesson a while back, when I had an old pair of SMP baggies a friend gave to me. I fell down right smack dab on the top of the little thing of Carmex in my pocket. Left a perfectly round, black bruise on my hip.

Pockets are always good. Mine don't have any which can be a pain when you wanted to bring along some lip balm. :cry:

Pics?

Lip palm is NEVER a good thing in the desert... which is a bummer because there's nothing worse than sunburned lips! But that stuff is a sand MAGNET, I learned that the hard way! :cry:

Firecracker, are those pants the more stretchy material or the stiff nylon/cardura stuff? Mobility is KEY in riding, I almost like to go a little bigger for the extra room... alhtough I also have my favorite pair that are a little tight, that I'm hoping to lose that extra 10 lbs for! :cry:

FC,

I LOVE your signature tag-line!! :cry:

*sheepish grin* Still riding in Carharts, here though... :cry:

Just got a new pair of Thor boots!! :cry: That should save my calves from a few bruises!!

FC,

*sheepish grin* Still riding in Carharts, here though... :cry:

Just got a new pair of Thor boots!! :cry: That should save my calves from a few bruises!!

"A soul in tension that's learning to fly

Condition grounded but determined to try

Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies

Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I"

Hey, DJ, you playing "name that tune", too. :cry: :cry:

Pink Floyd ~ learn to fly.....what do I win? :lol:

Pockets are always good. Mine don't have any which can be a pain when you wanted to bring along some lip balm. :cry:

Pics?

Lip palm is NEVER a good thing in the desert... which is a bummer because there's nothing worse than sunburned lips! But that stuff is a sand MAGNET, I learned that the hard way! :cry:

Firecracker, are those pants the more stretchy material or the stiff nylon/cardura stuff? Mobility is KEY in riding, I almost like to go a little bigger for the extra room... alhtough I also have my favorite pair that are a little tight, that I'm hoping to lose that extra 10 lbs for! :cry:

Hmmmmmmm. I really don't mind the sand. I hate dried cracked lips.

FC,

*sheepish grin* Still riding in Carharts, here though... :lol:

"A soul in tension that's learning to fly

Condition grounded but determined to try

Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies

Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I"

Hey, DJ, you playing "name that tune", too. :cry: :cry:

Pink Floyd ~ learn to fly.....what do I win? :lol:

Trying to pump myself up for riding tomorrow... ! :lol:

And yes, you win... let me think of the right prize... let me think... you're too far away to roost... :cry::lol:

They are largely the stiff, thick cordura stuff, but have stretch panels from the knee up into the crotch. They seem to move around ok but I have only worn them around the house so far.

I am still going back and forth on whether I want the next size up or not.

I don't know where the caption is but,

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!!!! :cry: :cry:

Don :cry:

I just got a Static set 2 weeks ago! I LIKE em! Thick material and still loose fitting, the legth on mine are fine.

I like the gator that that buttons on the internal gator that keeps mud and dirt out!! :cry: