Sign in to follow this  

Viper vs. Hayabusa (20 min video)

If ya wanna see a fast bike that makes those Haybusa's look like toys, check this link out.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/tomahawk.html

That bad boy has a Viper V-10 engine in it, 500hp and goes 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. Fastest bike there is, hands down no contest, it has a top speed of 400mph. :cry: :cry:

That's only a theoretical top speed. Nobody's taken it up that fast.

That bad boy has a Viper V-10 engine in it, 500hp and goes 0-60 in 2.5 seconds.

Yeah...and with only a 3.25 ga. tank of gas that's probably about how long it will run for :cry: :cry:

If ya wanna see a fast bike that makes those Haybusa's look like toys, check this link out.

That bad boy has a Viper V-10 engine in it, 500hp and goes 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. Fastest bike there is, hands down no contest, it has a top speed of 400mph. :cry: :cry:

That's only a theoretical top speed. Nobody's taken it up that fast.

Yea, but still, theres no doubt itll go that fast. Not like we have to worry about racin any on the road though, lol, I just thought it was pretty neat. Its kinda ugly though, haha. :cry: :cry:

Is it still considered a bike if it's got four wheels? :cry:

Haha, yea I guess it is. They said it had to have 4 wheels to handle the power output of the engine. :cry: :cry:

yeah and it can only go straight. that bike is a POS.

Uh, I've see'em ride the thing. Believe me, it turns. Very cool bike. It will make it to production and it is not a POS. "we mock what we don't understand"

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That bad boy has a Viper V-10 engine in it, 500hp and goes 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. Fastest bike there is, hands down no contest, it has a top speed of 400mph.

Uh, I've see'em ride the thing. Believe me, it turns. Very cool bike. It will make it to production and it is not a POS. "we mock what we don't understand"

I dont think that thing will ever go into production. That bike has the guts to very fast, but not the aerodynamics. Some profesionals that test high speeds of bikes said in a magazine once that you will be litteraly lifted off the bike somwhere around 205 MPH. Like I said, its got the guts, but not the aerodynamics. Untill they completely redesign the body work that bike is as good as as just a big trophy.

Ive heard that they only made like 5 or so of them and only one of them you can actualy drive because they took out something so people who buy them wouldnt be joyriding at 400mph. Just what I heard.

Yeah sick. My dads friend has a Busa. Sick bike, all chromed frame, Busa emblem cut out in the back with a strobe under it. Neon(not over neoned). Thats One fast bike going down Route 23! :cry: One Sick Bike.

ok let me rephrase what i was saying. i think you didn't catch on to my sarcasm.

the thing CAN turn but can it take turns while going relatively fast. no. i do understand the motorcycle so don't get philosophical with your quotes. the thing isn't even a motorcycle. it's like saying a quad is a motorcycle.

I owned a 2002 silver Hayabusa.

In my opinion, it is the pinnacle of engineering.

It is the fastest street-legal mass produced assembly line vehicle on planet earth. No license pate carrying anything is faster out off the showroom floor. No car, no motorcycle, nothing.

The fact that it does what it does using:

1. Stock engine

2. DOT legal tires

3. Kwik-E Mart fuel in the tank

4. For about 10 grand

... is the pinnacle of engineering in my book. Yes, you can buld custom machines that are faster, but they're not stock, and you'll sink a boatload of cash to do it. Maximum bang for the buck. :cry:

The agreement was I would sell it if (when) my wife got pregnant. The little guy is now 15 months old, and Number Two is on the way! :cry: As cool as it was, it's not a daddy-toy. Glad it's gone, to keep the boy's future safe. (and I ride a CR500... :cry: )

I dont think that thing will ever go into production. That bike has the guts to very fast, but not the aerodynamics. Some profesionals that test high speeds of bikes said in a magazine once that you will be litteraly lifted off the bike somwhere around 205 MPH. Like I said, its got the guts, but not the aerodynamics. Untill they completely redesign the body work that bike is as good as as just a big trophy.

No way, I know people that used to drag race down at Salinas and they have went as fast as 210mph and they werent lifted off thier bike. I know they went that fast because Ive seen the radar guns pick them up, Im not saying your lieing or anything Im just sayin that the magazine had to be wrong. :cry: :cry:

Sorry but you guys are all wrong. Due to the aerodynamics of the bike, there is no way you could go "joyriding" at 400MPH unless the rider was teathered on. They made it to production, and only ten were sold. They aren't making them anymore. At 200MPH the rider would be literally ripped off the bike due to poor body styling, and no wind sheild. Its a kind of cool idea, but come on. Theres no way it would 400MPH with the rider still on it. MAYBE on a dyno.