Sign in to follow this  

150F main jet replacement

I just installed a new BBR pipe that came with a main jet #110. I never did this befor and read the sticky a few times in preporation for this. But after looking at the diagrams of the carb and bowl, all I did is remove the bottom hex nut under the bowl and removed the main and installed the new. It took 5 minutes. Did I do it correct? I beleive I replaced the new on with the original #95 jet.

Yup that is one way to do it, and i state in the stickey you can do that if you are replacing just the needle and the main jet.

However, if you need to change the needle jet or the pilot jet, you will have to take the carb bowl off. :cry:

The replacement part is easy. The real trick is being able to listen to it and know what to adjust. It always amazes me when someone can rev a bike and go,"sounds a little rich on the bottom and mid and way lean on top". When all I hear is vrooooooommmmmmm!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

The replacement part is easy. The real trick is being able to listen to it and know what to adjust. It always amazes me when someone can rev a bike and go,"sounds a little rich on the bottom and mid and way lean on top". When all I hear is vrooooooommmmmmm!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

:cry: Yup, can't really tell if it's rich or not unless you have a load on it... :cry: