Sign in to follow this  

130 mph?

name what needs to be done. put 200 miles on her yesterday and love it, it just needs more ummph. i need to be able to clutch up 4th, and stock is not doing the trick.

basically my question is what is the BADDEST big bore available. money is not an issue.

If money truely is no issue...would the max not be bored and stroked 500 CC+?

Help me understand this FCR thing a little better burned. How much more power does it make? Is it more CFM? My Miki works so flawlessly for me that I am failing to see the benefit.

Are there any bad side effects to the 450 95mm Bore kit?

130 mph on a drz???? :cry: If you could get it to go that fast in the first place, you'd better hang on because it would be one heck of a ride :cry:. That bike was never designed for those speeds and I bet it would get really flighty.

Help me understand this FCR thing a little better burned. How much more power does it make? Is it more CFM? My Miki works so flawlessly for me that I am failing to see the benefit.

The FCR has an accel pump on it, I think its slightyly larger also. Put one on your bike and should become obvious, if not then there is no hope. 450 might have heat issues and any other things that come alone with the thinning of the sleeve. If you have done 90mph on the bike then you would know that 130 would result in "not good" things happening.

i haven't seen a stroked DRZ, i know the bore can't get much bigger than 450 since you then cut into the water channels. although thumper racing has a 470 kit that include a sleeve so you bore into the water channel then add the sleeve - a bit much for me ...

http://www.thumper-racing.net/DRZ400.html

i have thumpers 440 kit and a yohsi cam and E compression and i can tell you they are fun with the muki, but insanely great with the fcr. the fcr carb is instant full power -- the accelerator pump is the big advantage.

cheers

droo

just ride a off road model.i wont need to explain anything.

as far as the 500 stroker goes,thats not for everyone.its a race only set up.not for the novice engine builder.by time you bought all the parts and had it built,it would cost well over 3000 dollars.

i haven't seen a stroked DRZ, i know the bore can't get much bigger than 450 since you then cut into the water channels. although thumper racing has a 470 kit that include a sleeve so you bore into the water channel then add the sleeve - a bit much for me ...

http://www.thumper-racing.net/DRZ400.html

i have thumpers 440 kit and a yohsi cam and E compression and i can tell you they are fun with the muki, but insanely great with the fcr. the fcr carb is instant full power -- the accelerator pump is the big advantage.

cheers

droo

forget you ever saw thumper racing or that 470 kit. :cry:

forget you ever saw thumper racing or that 470 kit. :cry:

ha, yeah, like i said, not for me. do you have issues with there 440 kit as well? mine has held up nicely and was a bit cheaper than the yoshi 450.

cheers

andrew

its not the size of the piston thats the issue.its the fact that it uses a iron liner.

bored and replated is the only way to fly.

the millenuim kit is $450.how much was your TR kit?

drz has the aerodynamics of a brick. i am not even sure if those ktm twins will go a 130.

can i ask why on earth you would want a DRZ to do 130mph it seems like you are the kind of guy that enjoys speed, so dare i mention the obvious but why not just get a nice sport bike, if you like off roading well get a DRZ too you said money isn't an issue so i am assuming you could get 2 bikes, there is now way on earth you are gonna do 130 off road so it must be for the track where a sport bike would be the best tool for the job, :cry:

I have a friend that put together a stroker big bore kit that brings the engine to a 498. He later went down on the bore and found the power was better as the larger piston didn't allow to motor to rev as high. The motor has a super linear power curve. I couldn't believe how much power this thing has!

130 isn't going to happen, at least not an honest 130. Buy a Hayabusa and still have 4 gears left!!!!

The stability of the bike at anything close to 100 would be a death wish, in my opinion. Rake and trail are not made for it. Now as far as HP and torque, more is alwasy fun :cry:

want your DRZ to do 130?

Here's what you do...

shoehorn in a 1988-1990 LT500 Quadzilla motor and gear it to the moon.( 15/40 )

a buck forty should be obtainable by installing a 50 shot sneaky pete under the seat.

My game plan is going to be a small turbo set up on the old 400 mill when she finally goes south. We'll see. :cry:

Now come on guys, you all say that the DRZ will never achieve 130 mph but surely if you drop it out of a plane it will do somewhere in the neighborhood of that atleast, wouldn't it? I mean he said money is no option. Once it hits the ground go buy something else. No seriously, if there is anything out that you could do to beef up the DRZ to do those speeds, you would think you was riding some $20.00 prostitute in one of those beds that vibrates. By the way, anyone know where to get one of those beds at? :cry:

I have a friend that put together a stroker big bore kit that brings the engine to a 498. He later went down on the bore and found the power was better as the larger piston didn't allow to motor to rev as high. The motor has a super linear power curve. I couldn't believe how much power this thing has!

he did this to a drz?if so pm me with his contact info please. :cry:

i know at the Las Vegas race most competitive machines were hitting over 120 on a track. i would hope on a wide open straight they would be capable of 130, maybe w/ different gearing? anyhow, I already own 2 sportbikes so that's not the ticket. I guess I'll just go w/ the 440 w/ the fcr and see what it gets me. I've seen 103 on my bone stock s model so I figured 130 was possible, but apparently I'm wrong. It is a bit flighty but nothing out of the ordinary, by the time I get my motard rims and forks/shock revalved it should handle like a dream at any speed.

FLY THOSE PANTIES AT FULL STAFF LADIES, I'll be in front of the pack

know at the Las Vegas race most competitive machines were hitting over 120 on a track

at what vegas race?the supermoto a go-go final?

that figure is slighty inlfated i assure you.