Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Springs Motocross Options

Assuming you were passing through Colorado Springs and wanted to stop and "air it out" for an hour or 2, would you go to Aztec, PMI Pueblo Riding Area, or Wild Rat? I've never been to any of these - or is there someplace else I don't know about near Colorado Springs?

Wildrat is a private track so that out. Of the other 2 I would go to Aztec in a heart beat over PMI. PMI is not groomed and is very rough. Aztec is groomed and watered everyday. PMI has off road trails and Aztec does not. If your just looking for MX though Aztec is the place to go.

endurodog - thanks for the info - do you have an opinion on easy mountain trails too? is woodland park still fairly easy and scenic?

I was following the other thread too. Woodland Park or Rampart would give you plenty of trails and they are not as technical as some of the other places you mentioned. Both places are scenic. Woodland Park area you can get into some of the area that was burnt during the Haymen fire. While it's not as nice as looking at prestine mountians it has its own interesting sights.