Sign in to follow this  

XXXL Helmets?

Hey guys, I'm huntin for a new helmet and having trouble finding one that fits. I've tried on a few XXL size and they're too tight (painfully tight in the cheeks and temples) I've yet to find a store that stocks any 3X helmets so I can try one on. Searching online I can only find a couple companys that make 3X and its companys I've never heard of.

What brand do the other big headed TT'ers recommend? I really hate to order a helmet without trying it on but theres just not many places that carry a big selection of dirt bike gear around here.

I've had the same problem in the past. XXXL are really hard to find, so hard in fact, that I just gave up and stretched out a XXL. Good luck on your quest though! :cry: :cry:

I've got a big ass head also. Most baseball caps with the I have to put on the very last notch to get them to fit. I went with the MSR RG2 XXL. $180.00 so not to bad on price. Plus all the insides come out so you can wash them. Still snug but better than some of the others I tried on.... :cry:

Check out this website http://www.motorhelmets.com/htm-service/sizingchart-helmet-table.htm

I was having the same problem. I found that O'Neal XXL helmets run quite a bit larger than most. I ended up with an O'Neal 904 :cry:. By far the most comfortable XXL I tried on.

HJC also makes quite a few XXXL.

I tried on an HJC CL-X4 about a week ago,it was very comfortable. I've tried for years to find a helmet that fits,had to carve the styrofoam to get a fit. The CL-X4 is a mid level helmet DOT and Snell approved. The liner isn't nearly as plush as a Shoei or Aria but they don't make one that fits a large head. Thor makes the 904,according to the size chart it fits a 25" head. Haven't tried one cause no one locally stocks it, might be worth a look though.

If you're going online take a look at Ebay. There seem to be a lot of the oddball sizes on there being clearanced.

Hey guys, I'm huntin for a new helmet and having trouble finding one that fits. I've tried on a few XXL size and they're too tight (painfully tight in the cheeks and temples) I've yet to find a store that stocks any 3X helmets so I can try one on. Searching online I can only find a couple companys that make 3X and its companys I've never heard of.

What brand do the other big headed TT'ers recommend? I really hate to order a helmet without trying it on but theres just not many places that carry a big selection of dirt bike gear around here.

Damn Sasquatch, you've got a big ass head, haha. Just messin with ya bud. :cry: :cry:

Damn Sasquatch, you've got a big ass head, haha. Just messin with ya bud. :cry: :cry:

Yea, my daddy used to beat me, too, saying "You big headed SOB, you ruined your mama" :cry:

Well I found a dealer that had a XXXL HJC CL-X4 in stock and went to try it on...

It was tight going on (and even tighter coming off) but once it was on it felt pretty good. My wife said it didn't look like it came down far enough though... she said she could see the bottom of my jaw :cry:

They didn't have one in blue so I didn't buy it yet... I'd like to try on a couple other brands but I cant find any place that carries them.

My wife said it didn't look like it came down far enough though... she said she could see the bottom of my jaw :cry:

The front of the helmet seemed to be in the right place it just looked like the rest of it needed to pivot... kinda down in the back and forward on the bottom. Does that make sense? :cry: The strap looked like it would cut into his neck, should have been farther forward to go under his chin. I'm certainly no expert on helmets, it just didn't look quite right. He said it was all the way on, is this a sign that it's not big enough or am I just worrying about nothing?

I also am blessed with an abundance of brain matter, and tried for a full year to locate a new helmet that would squeeze on my head.

I finally found that KBC helmets run much larger than most other brands.

I bought their combination snowmobile/motocross helmet and have been very happy with it! :cry:

Good luck!

Go to the mall and find out what size fitted ball hat you wear. Then you can order a sized helmet. I bet you are a 7 5/8.... Good luck...

Remove the cheek pads from the helmut before trying it on. If it fits without the pads have the salesman check to see if he can get different size cheek pads for the brand of helmut that you choose. I wear a XXL ARAI with cheek pads that are 2 sizes smaller than what it originally came with. It is the most comfortable helmut I have ever owned. And I also have a huge head. Good luck.