Sign in to follow this  

Single thumpettes? *DELETED*

Ummm 26 views and no responses. Not looking like there is a lot of single Thumpettes out there. Kind of figured that though. They have to keep a mechanic on hand kind of like you were saying!

BTW don't even ask me to load your bike on Saturday. :cry: I remember that post here in the thumpette forum about a guy picking up a girls bike and some of those women were adament about not taking any help. Can't rememeber what your thoughts were about that but best just to stay safe and watch you fight w/ your bike! :cry: :cry:

BTW don't even ask me to load your bike on Saturday. :lol: I remember that post here in the thumpette forum about a guy picking up a girls bike and some of those women were adament about not taking any help. Can't rememeber what your thoughts were about that but best just to stay safe and watch you fight w/ your bike! :lol: :lol:

Ooo, no, my response to THAT post was that guys need help too sometimes, and help each other often... why on earth would I want to struggle when there's assistance available?? What would that prove? :cry::p I'd rather have help getting it into the truck than off of me once I fall off the tailgate! :lol:

I promise I won't ask you to load it, but I may ask you to HELP me load it... ;) There's a difference! :lol: (Although if your manly self just grabbed my itty-bitty little bikey and lifted it right UP into my truck for little ol' me, I wouldn't be complaining, either! ;):lol:)

You should see the set up I have at home... now I back up to the retaining wall, ride the bike out of the garage, around the house, down the sidewalk, and right into the bed! :lol: (Had to figure this out the hard way, last time I tried pushing it up the ramp I probably would've lost it if the neighbor hadn't been out walking his dog... :cry:)

Oh, and :

They have to keep a mechanic on hand kind of like you were saying!

Umm, from previous posts it sounds like you could use having a mechanic around, too! :cry: "drink beer, look lost, read manual, look lost, say the heck with it and get more beer"... sound familiar? :lol: :lol:

(Although I guess teasing you about this is not the way to get my bike loaded, huh? :cry::lol:)

:cry:

They have to keep a mechanic on hand kind of like you were saying!

Umm, from previous posts it sounds like you could use having a mechanic around, too! :cry: "drink beer, look lost, read manual, look lost, say the heck with it and get more beer"... sound familiar? :lol::cry:

(Although I guess teasing you about this is not the way to get my bike loaded, huh? :cry::lol:)

Yeah your not winning any bonus points here! :lol: :lol: :cry::lol: j/k

And yes if I could find a woman who could tear my bike down, dial it out, and then put it all back together than I would lock her down faster than I would a doughnut shop when the Jenny Craig convention is in town. :lol: :lol:

Speaking of beer..... :lol:

I WAS single up until Aug 1. Did all that stuff for myself, loading, maintenance, repairs....had to ask for help from buddies from time to time, but I did learn a lot. My boyfriend does a lot of the work for me now (mostly becuase of my broken arm, and also because he's been riding my bike). He says as soon as I can he'll help me with the bike, but I'll do most of the work. I think I have the best of both worlds. A boyfriend to help when I need it, but still have my own space and independence when I want to do things myself.

More single Thumpers out there looking for single Thumpettes, that's way too obvous by the lack of responses here. There's something about a girl that rides, and isn't afraid to get dirty either. I think I can speak for most of the guys by saying I wish there were more dirtbike girls out there, but girls aren't willing to sell their horses and buy a dirtbike, and I'm not selling my bike to buy a horse anytime soon either. :cry: You Thumpettes rank high in my book, and that's way above Hooter Girls! :cry:

BTW don't even ask me to load your bike on Saturday. I remember that post here in the thumpette forum about a guy picking up a girls bike and some of those women were adament about not taking any help. Can't rememeber what your thoughts were about that but best just to stay safe and watch you fight w/ your bike!

That was me, and I'd help again if I saw her grunting, and about to go down with it. It's just my nature.

I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but if I don't know how to do something, I wouldn't attempt, but have it done by a quality source, not who charges less. Something to keep in mind. If you girls don't know how to do something, but are willing to ask a guy, don't feel bad, but it makes a guy feel good to be needed in a "fix-it" kind of way; it's what we do.

In the eyes of the law....I'm single. But as far as my heart....I'm as 'taken' as they come. Maybe someday he'll make an honest woman of me. :cry: xrDan does sooooooo much to get all 4 of us ready! He takes care of the bikes (loading and unloading), boots, helmets, tools, gas, etc. I take care of the other gear....apparel, towels, caps, etc. The boys are responsible for getting their gloves in their boots and their goggles in their helmets when we're done riding. If something's missing....they don't ride next time. :cry: When we get home, he takes care of unloading everything that stays in the garage, and I take care of everything that goes in the house. That's usually when I start dinner and baths for the boys. :cry:

And yes if I could find a woman who could tear my bike down, dial it out, and then put it all back together

maybe you want to have a talk with my hubby :cry:

he might be leasing :cry:

There is nothing,Nothing more attractive than an independent woman. Now if I could just find a single Thumpette around the Dallas,tx. area....... :cry:

And yes if I could find a woman who could tear my bike down, dial it out, and then put it all back together

maybe you want to have a talk with my hubby :cry:

he might be leasing :cry:

Fax me a quote and I'll see if I can sneak it into my budget... :cry: :cry:

if I could just find a single Thumpette around the Dallas,tx. area....... :cry:

start searching here

hey l2f what do u look like?

Brian I'll get some pictures tomorrow for you while she is changing into her gear. :cry:

JUST KIDDING DJ!!!! :cry: :cry:

hey l2f what do u look like?

Brian I'll get some pictures tomorrow for you while she is changing into her gear. :cry:

JUST KIDDING DJ!!!! :cry: :cry:

Oh for... where's the 'rolling my eyes' graemolin?!?! :cry:

l2f,

Maybe I'm reading too much into your post but I'm thinking you are feeling kind of down about being single.

I don't think you need to sweat being a single thumpette. I doubt you will stay that way for long. You sound like such a great person! Smart, funny, athletic and an awesome dirt biker! :cry:

How many years ago did your husband pass away? Was he a dirt biker too? If you'd rather not say, that's fine. I just was wondering.

I had a really hard time getting over my divorce (not even close to the same as what you went through losing your husband). My ex left me for another woman and then to make things worse, married her soon after. I was totally devistated and didn't think I'd ever meet the perfect person for me. I got very down in the dumps about it. Dirt biking really helped drag me out of it. It was pretty liberating to buy my bike myself, buy a truck and a nice little trailer so I didn't kill myself loading my bike alone. I loved washing my bike and changing my oil (the stuff I could figure out on my own). My ex-husband wasn't into dirt biking (should have been my first clue) and so I got away from it while we were married. I tell you, getting back into it was the best thing I ever did!

Have you considered joining a dirt biking club or something similar? It's a great way to meet people with your same likes. I actually met my current bf just before I joined a dirt bike club but had I joined it prior, I would have just met him sooner (he's in the club)! :cry:

Hang in there and keep your chin up! You sound like a great girl! Some guys just may be intimidated by you. You are very educated and very independant. Some guys (the ones you DON'T want) don't like that.

I have some cute, single, dirt-biking guy friends. All you need to do is move to Idaho! :cry:

l2f,

Maybe I'm reading too much into your post but I'm thinking you are feeling kind of down about being single.

I don't think you need to sweat being a single thumpette. I doubt you will stay that way for long. You sound like such a great person! Smart, funny, athletic and an awesome dirt biker! :cry:

How many years ago did your husband pass away? Was he a dirt biker too? If you'd rather not say, that's fine. I just was wondering.

I had a really hard time getting over my divorce (not even close to the same as what you went through losing your husband). My ex left me for another woman and then to make things worse, married her soon after. I was totally devistated and didn't think I'd ever meet the perfect person for me. I got very down in the dumps about it. Dirt biking really helped drag me out of it. It was pretty liberating to buy my bike myself, buy a truck and a nice little trailer so I didn't kill myself loading my bike alone. I loved washing my bike and changing my oil (the stuff I could figure out on my own). My ex-husband wasn't into dirt biking (should have been my first clue) and so I got away from it while we were married. I tell you, getting back into it was the best thing I ever did!

Have you considered joining a dirt biking club or something similar? It's a great way to meet people with your same likes. I actually met my current bf just before I joined a dirt bike club but had I joined it prior, I would have just met him sooner (he's in the club)! :cry:

Hang in there and keep your chin up! You sound like a great girl! Some guys just may be intimidated by you. You are very educated and very independant. Some guys (the ones you DON'T want) don't like that.

I have some cute, single, dirt-biking guy friends. All you need to do is move to Idaho! :cry:

Move to Idaho from San Diego??? Personally I'd rather be single! :cry: :cry: j/k

Move to Idaho from San Diego??? Personally I'd rather be single! :lol::cry: j/k

Umm, yeah, me too I think! :cry: (It's COLD up there!)

Thanks for the kind words, thumpergirl... I think the dang broken collarbone and not riding for two months sort of helped me slide into a funk... it has been my therapy for the last couple of years, and without it... :cry: (its been 2 & 1/2 years now, btw, since he died. I don't mind the question.)

Actually, the funny thing is I was dating more than usual while I was recovering from the clavicle fx, and I'm starting to find it DEPRESSING... I think I'm done!

Its back to the bike for me, healed, rehabilitated, and ready to roost! :lol: (watch out tomorrow, biggity! :cry:)