XR600 shock spring ( I R confused ! )

Hi,

I have a 97 xr600 and decided to spring it correctly for me. I looked for a part no on the rear shock spring to determine what was in it. I found it was an Eibach, the part no is 999.650.2 and it has another number on it that shows 25/96. I can't seem to match any of these numbers up to anything for a Eibach. I even looked at other manufacturers prefixes and no dice. What I am trying to do is confirm the spring is correct or not before I buy another and get the shock serviced.

My symptom is that the back end kicks up when hitting whoops at anything over liesurely pace say 15 mph or so. I am standing on the pegs and trying to keep some weight back. Front forks just serviced and running 8.0-8.5 psi in them. I have played with the shock adjustments "The Knob" but just can't get the right feel. I feel like Goldilocks "This shock setting is to hard and the other is to soft" I wish these bears would have serviced these bikes more often!! ?

You guys got any ideas?

Thanks Hardley

Don,

Sorry for the late response to your question. This post got buried and so did I. I am 198 with no gear, figure 220 with water, tools and gear. I have seen the racetech site but and it is full of good info. If I respring I will start there, thank you.

I found out that my shock was "packing" which if I understand correctly is a symptom of my rebound being set to hard. I checked the clicker at the bottom of the shock and found that I was 8 clicks from hard and 20 from soft. I am now 12 from hard and 16 from soft. It feels much faster now (the rebounding I mean) It appears to recover more rapidly allowing the suspension to "reset" further before I hit the next whoop. Again, that is if I now understand this correctly.

The symptom was explained to 2 different suspension shops here in phoenix and they both said the same thing. Both offered advice and experience before offering services. Pretty cool Huh! Kinda like being on ThumperTalk without having a keyboard ?

Thanks for your response