Sign in to follow this  

CRF450X is Here!!!

Is everyone on this site napping? The CRF450X has arrived:

Great. The John Kerry of motorcycles. (Lots of hype; delayed introduction to spike interest; and a closer look at the numbers reveals a lot of hidden fat.)

:cry:

Slightly off topic, but has anyone noticed that the ad states "titanium intake valves" more than once? As though the exhausts are made of something else? If so, could this be an attempt to resolve some reliability issues that some of the new thumpers have been having?

BTW, I'd still take one......... for $4,000.

Great. The John Kerry of motorcycles. (Lots of hype; delayed introduction to spike interest; and a closer look at the numbers reveals a lot of hidden fat.)

:cry:

I love it!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I talked to my dealer yesterday and they pushed the day off to March. From what he says, even that date doesn't seem certain. Don't hold your breath boys.

As a matter of fact I just stopped yesterday morning to try and help a guy on CRF250X. He was in some real heavy woods and took a hunk of wood into the radiator and blew hot fluid all over himself. He was in such a hard area to get too I told him to leave it and come back with a new radiator and coolant or take a chance and ride it out. He had to get out of the woods (almost a mile) and then thru a Silica quarry. I don't now if his buddies ever got him out, I know they went in for him. :cry:

I do believe you can bypass one radiator. I think I heard that someplace. Maybe it was a Suzuki, but I'd think you can do it on any bike with the two rads.

Yes you can bypass the radiator...It called an XR400 (or 250) oh wait nevermind can't buy those now. :cry:

Chaparral is listing parts for a 05 XR400 I was doing a search using XR400R and noticed it.The 3/4 Quart capacity crankcase on the CRF seems scary to me so I'll just stick with ol'Reliable for now.

Never has a bike not even released yet been dumped on so much. Sounds like I'm gonna pick a brand new one up for real cheap!

(And I'll keep my XR4 too!) :cry:

This bike isnt going to do to good in the sales if what we are saying is what everyone else is. Guess they'll have to bring back the 4hundy and finish the job that it started almost 10 years ago. :cry: