Sign in to follow this  

OT - riding with iPod

does anyone ride with an iPod, or similar MP3 Player? :cry: if so, are you just securing the iPod and using the standard issue ear buds? i am thinking big open desert rides, or off-road, not street! my compadres on the trial wouldn't know, but I'm either screaming or singing at the top of my lungs. i'd dig a soundtrack. :cry:

I have an Archos Jukebox. It is kind of cool when you are just putting around. However, when I ride technical trails, I find it distracting. I have a MSR bag that mounts on my chest protector. The MP3 player fits in it perfectly. Here is a picture of the bag:

[image]RubiconLakeatParagonAdventurePark.jpg[/image]

Not sure about anyone else but I personally think my muzzy puts out some beauuuuuutiful music :cry:

I can't imagine the distraction would help much like rambo said. And besides that to actually hear it over my bike it would have to be so loud that permanent hearing damage would be inevitable, now if my right wrist wasn't so spastic it might work :cry: :cry:

i ride with my ipod almost every time i ride - on the street. i know there are issues, but frankly i don't care. i still pay 500% more attention to the road than some minivan mom with screamin kids, barney on dvd, a ringing cell phone and a hot cup of coffee.

anyway if you want to do it right get good headphones. using the ipod buds will make you deaf. with mine i have to turn the music to max and then i could only hear metal and such. then i got these...

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6-nr.asp

with these i can have the music down to half volume and still her stuff like jazz or soft alt stuff, and it cuts out a tremendous amount of wind noise. the downside is that you can't really hear people talking with a full face helmet on and the bike running - which could suck in the dirt with friends. you can still hear sirens, but only when they are closer to you.

i have grown so accustomed to these that i will not ride without them, even if my ipod battery dies, i'll just put them in to keep the noise levels down on the freeway.

also the extra battery pack from belkin is a must since it saves your ass when the ipod battery dies, and this wireless remote is great too...

http://www.engineeredaudio.com/products/remote2.html

i put this remote on my aerostich zipper and i can easily control my ipod while riding.

my 2 cents

cheers

droo