Sign in to follow this  

Anyone got a 6.2 Shock?

I'm looking for a 6.2 shock spring and am having a hard time. Apparently it's an odd size. Any info would be helpful...

Thanks,

Yea, no offense, but how much do you weigh???!!!

According to MX-Tech spring calculator that spring size is for someone weighing in at 300lbs!!!

They have a 6.0 and a 6.4

I can tell you this....that calculator is not a very good thing for most folks...it told me back when I weighed 245 that I needed a 5.7...doh! No way in hell! I had to use a 5.9 to get proper sag settings and even then I was at the limit. NOW I can use a 5.7 and get it right, and I weigh 198 in street clothes...a 6.2 would prob be right for say 275lbs or so.

Also some people prefer a stiffer feel, me included. I could barely get by with a true 5.5 most likely but I don't like preloading the spring that much. I like a "deader" feel than average...hate that pogo-ish springy feeling...

I have a 6.4 for sale for a 2002 yz 426, its orange in color, i got it from mx-tech.

I weigh 250 without gear, I have a 5.9 on right now and had it revalved but it's a bit on the soft side. What size would you guys recommend? A 6.1 maybe?

MJ11....a year ago I was 245lbs without gear and I succesfully used a 5.9 spring with valving setup. If you need stiffer you may need more low speed damping. Do you know what your revalve specs were? What did they increase/decrease damping wise?

Also, have you measured your rider sag/free sag and see where you are at? That will tell you if the spring you have is in the correct range...

With your gear on, bike ready to ride, you should set sag to 100mm. Then put the bike on the stand, measure the fully extended setting. Now, place bike on both wheels and ave someone balance it, measure the sag that it gets with it's own weight.

You should see somewhere from 15mm to as much as 35mm "free" sag. If you have LESS than 15mm, you need a STIFFER spring, more than 35mm, the spring is too stiff already..I am betting you will get 10mm-15mm at the most of free sag...you may need a stffer spring yet..let us know what you find.

Eibach makes them...get a 350lb/in spring made for a 2 inch shock...10.5 inches in length if I remember correctly. I run it...it works great.

You can get them at www.kartek.com

Therapture,

Which spring do you think I would need then? 6.0,6.1????