I want to polish the shiny part of my frame....

I have searched this forum and found a couple threads. I want to make the shiny part of my frame look like chrome-crf's or something close. Do I need to sand 300-600-800-1200 before polishing? or what? I have never done this so I don't know the proper steps are. enlighten me. What about maintenance or sealing it after it is nice and shiny? Thanks.

I wanted to do the same thing as you. So I tried what everyone said, about just using a polish wheel and mothers mag all polish. It didnt come out the waY i wanted it, it wasnt like a mirror, and the scratches from machinging the frame at the factory were still in the frame. SO I went out to the local checker auto store and bought a varity pack of Wet sand paper. I think I used like 4 or 5 differnt grits. I used all that were in the pack. Just get a spray bottle fill it with water, take off ur shourds. start with the lowest number. and sand SAND SAND then switch papers untill ur at the last one. its a lot of freaking work, A LOT!! b ut its well worth it. I have never touched sand paper before doing this, and my frame came out like a mirror. so its pretty easy. As for the polish I use now, I use Honda Goldwing polish. it works the best and I have tried a few differnt kinds of polish, moters, eagel one.. the honda kind works the best for me!! ?

dont do it, i fell into the same trap wanting a polished frame and after sanding all last winter it turned out ok, however after one ride it looked like crap. i dont have time to polish an hour every time i ride, not worth it.

I wanted to do the same thing as you. So I tried what everyone said, about just using a polish wheel and mothers mag all polish. It didnt come out the waY i wanted it, it wasnt like a mirror, and the scratches from machinging the frame at the factory were still in the frame. SO I went out to the local checker auto store and bought a varity pack of Wet sand paper. I think I used like 4 or 5 differnt grits. I used all that were in the pack. Just get a spray bottle fill it with water, take off ur shourds. start with the lowest number. and sand SAND SAND then switch papers untill ur at the last one. its a lot of freaking work, A LOT!! b ut its well worth it. I have never touched sand paper before doing this, and my frame came out like a mirror. so its pretty easy. As for the polish I use now, I use Honda Goldwing polish. it works the best and I have tried a few differnt kinds of polish, moters, eagel one.. the honda kind works the best for me!! ?

Good advice. If you want the mirror finish it's gonna take a lot of elbow grease and a polishing wheel.

I took your advice and hit teh shiny part of the frame with mothers.. wish I had done it sooner. I then proceeded to do the muffler can as well. Not satisfied there... I broke out the sand paper and stripped the paint of the clutch cover and polished it as well. Much nicer!! Thanks for the tips.

• 4 weeks later...