Sign in to follow this  

Noise level for trail ride...concerns

I'm hoping to be riding in the Shenandoah ride in VA next weekend but I'm worried about the AMA noise requirement. My exhaust is stock but has the restrictor drilled out after the arrestor which is still there. Will this pass the dB test? I have a stock endcap coming from CA but won't be here until after then since it won't ship until my check gets there first. Also any idea where I can get a super-cheap rollchart? Between the entrance fee, ama dues, etc. my wife is going to be getting on me about "wasting" money I'm sure :cry:

Thanks guys,

Jerry

P.S. I know this is short planning on my part...trying to get ready 1 week before the ride....I'm either lazy or retarded...maybe both

A drilled endcap is not much louder than stock, it really changes the pitch however. What db are they looking for? As long as it is not under 92db you should be fine.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the info. Honestly I'm not sure what the requirement is. I just realized the ride is in 2 weeks not one, so I might still get my spare exhaust by then. Can't buy just the end cap from Suzuki, but I found a great deal on a stock complete exhaust from an 04 that I couldn't pass up especially since my muffler has a big dent from the previous owner.....of course I'll probably smash the new pipe on the ride! LOL!

Jerry