Sign in to follow this  

Carb. Mod. How much will it affect?

Right now I have the stock carb. on my ttr125l (20mm) and i wanna get the bbr carb (26mm). How much of a difference is it going to be? Will it give my low end torque or top end?

Any bigger carb will give you more top end.For what you get the bbr is really expensive.I would go with a newer yz80 carb(round slide not flat or D shaped)and jet it accordingly.It should give you more gains the the bbr carb once you have it jetted right.

I put on a yz carb and it made a HUGE difference. Got the carb for under $30 and spent another $15 or so on jets while I was trying to get it dialed in. Best bang for the buck yet!

What years are the round slide carbs? (yz80)

Also, the 26mm carb that BBR sells is a XR200 carb, so you can probably ebay it pretty cheap, a 24mm carb off a 200x should work pretty good too. They will have to jetted though. ALso, BBR sells their kit with a little adaptor which might have to be duplicated.

Im fairly sure the round slide carbs were from 83-01.Not positive though.My 97 carb worked GREAT.All carbs can be found on EBAY.