Sign in to follow this  

jetting with a different pipe

Recently I replaced the stock pipe on my 04 230F with a FMF "Q" muffler. Does anyone know if I will need different jets other than the 132 main and 45 pilot because of the different pipe?

thanks

45 pilot will be fine.

Doesn't the manufacturer have jetting guide for the pipe?

At most you may have to go up to a 135 but the 132 main jet is probably ok. These bikes are very foregiving on the jetting.

I got a quick question. The only thing I dont get about dirt bikes is Jetting the Exhaust. What does that mean. Sorry for asking, I just want to know.

No, great question! When we change how much air the bike can take in we need to match it with more or less gas to keep the air to fuel ratio in a range that will not harm the motor & give good performance. That's what we mean by jetting. If we don't it will run too lean(too little gas) & burn up the motor or too fat(to much gas) & eat gas like a pig & foul plugs & be gutless too.

The carburators "jets" control the gas. Here's some good reading that explains pretty well which jet does what & some basic illustrations that are worth more than 10,000 of my words: link

Let us know if you have any more questions about jetting. :cry:

:cry:

you may want to buy a 132 and a 135 main jet. It's always good to have a extra main jet around in case the temp drops. Jeets aren't a lot of money, but It'll either be a 132 or a 135. I've seen the FMF's before and they're slightly bigger, so it's debateable.

Clip posistion should be 4th, fuel srew out probably 1/8 - 1/4 turn out, and the main jet like I said, either a 132 or a 135, and the pilot should be the same.

Have fun :cry:

I'm with Toast. The manufacturer should be able to provide you with jetting information concerning their product.