Interesting Stats if True

I love that answer I have given it myself a few times. Humble pie tastes best when covered in dirt from head to toe and some blood mixed in. I've ran out of talent a whole bunch of times. Dang I'm stubborn though I always used to just get back on em. Got a feeling those days are gone. Man it blows having a totaled out back. Nope the bikes didn't do it but the mill darn sure did. Such is life. prairiedawg ?

That is just the summation of the report. In my opinion the report should be required reading for those who want to get a liscense to ride on the road. It is still a valid study and one that has been used as a model many times.

Run out of talent ?, shoot I think I crash so much then because I'm still looking for it ?

Sixty percent of the motorcyclists were not wearing safety helmets at the time of the accident. Of this group, 26% said they did not wear helmets because they were uncomfortable and inconvenient, and 53% simply had no expectation of accident involvement.

53% + 26% = 79% so...

21% Couldn't say anything because they were... well...DEAD

25 is interesting too.

More than half of the accident-involved motorcycle riders had less than 5 months experience on the accident motorcycle, although the total street riding experience was almost 3 years. Motorcycle riders with dirt bike experience are significantly underrepresented in the accident data

Although I have to wonder why. I've noticed I tend to use the rear brake waaay too much when riding on the street. I know that comes from dirt riding.

25 is interesting too.

More than half of the accident-involved motorcycle riders had less than 5 months experience on the accident motorcycle, although the total street riding experience was almost 3 years. Motorcycle riders with dirt bike experience are significantly underrepresented in the accident data

Although I have to wonder why. I've noticed I tend to use the rear brake waaay too much when riding on the street. I know that comes from dirt riding.

I wonder too is that because dirt riders dont ride in the street or because they are safer. I've been riding since the 70's and had one street accident (solo) in the 70's never since. I wonder if it is because I'm safe or just lucky since it is the car I dont trust (thinking about a street bike again) ?