Sign in to follow this  

Corbin seat for DRZ

I like the black one much better than the picture blue and white seat. I'm not sure how I like the wide seat effect at this point! It may take some getting used to. :cry:

I might try one! :cry:

Alot of people complain about the stock seat and alot of people say, the DRZ seat is sweet compared to dirt bike seats and I agree. My complaint isn't the softness or the thickness of the foam, it's just to narrow for my riding, which I admit is mostly street. Years back, I could ride a bicycle all day long with no complaints but not now. I ventured off with a coworker on a bike ride that turned into a 24 mile loop. Needless to say if he wouldn't have kept stopping to let me catch up I would have done a whole lot of :cry:. The same thing was wrong with that bike seat as is with my DRZ seat, not enough square footage for my :cry:

Thanks for that link! I will be watching this and the "other" site for more info on the Corbin seat. Will definitely be making a move soon, and that carbon-fiber vinyl is exactly the direction I would head in if the Corbin DRZ seat gets decent reviews from actual owners.

For that price the seat base should be carbon fiber too!! The guy said the darn thing weighs like 5 lbs more than the stock seat. :cry: like I want to add more weight! :cry:

For that price the seat base should be carbon fiber too!! The guy said the darn thing weighs like 5 lbs more than the stock seat. :cry: like I want to add more weight! :cry:

Either pin the throttle or lose 5 lbs.It's about comfort, not weight.

I ventured off with a coworker on a bike ride that turned into a 24 mile loop

sounds like a good warm up lap :cry: how many loops did you ride?

As I mentioned in the dualsport forum , If anyone in the Corona Califonia area wants their seat converted to dual sport Bring it to me and I will do it.

I used to do auto upholstery and have a industrial sewing machine.

I can make it any way you want tall short wide .....custom.

I've been tring to find parts to make ready made seats before corbin did it Butt :cry: I'm a day late and a $ short.

If I have to make my own bases and foam from skratch it would be hard to beat that price.

I am still working on a removable cover you can put on the stock seat for long rides then take off for moto.

Tom Slick, that was a bicycle that I was on for that 24 mile loop. It was only 1 loop because I admit, I couldn't have gone much further. I am in decent shape and the only thing that hurt was my :cry:, other than that I could've pedaled on. I sold my mnt. bike but want to get another one and put a different seat on it as well. I know some people think that cool is better than being comfortable but I am one of those that would rather feel good while riding than feel cool :cry:

A fat bicycle seat belongs on a tractor. Real seats are way more comfortable as soon as you get the "boys" used to one. Less chafing as a fat seat will rub your thighs raw. Wear proper bicycle shorts and BTW, those work awesome on the dirtbikes too. Been wearing them for cross country trips and the dry wicking is the deal and the extra padding is like night and day. Just don't take your riding pants off in public!!!!

ohh that was a bicycle 24 mile loop :cry: i thought it was a motorcycle ride and was just giving you a little razzing. :cry: my bicycle seat trys to split me in two also. :cry:

Took my new Corbin seat for it's maiden ride this weekend, about 175 miles. I can most definitely say that it has improved the comfort of the bike over the stock seat. Instead of becoming painful after 50 miles, I can now pretty much go all day without becoming sore on the long ride up and back from my favorite trails, which to me is a major improvement over where I was with the stock seat.

The Corbin seat has a nice feature that when you feel some soreness setting in after several hours in the saddle, you can slide your butt back on the seat and there is plenty of support to take the pressure off whatever area is plaguing you so that you can ride some more. Take a break once and a while when getting gas, drinks, smoke break, etc and you're good to go.

:thumbsup:Bottom line, I'm glad I bought the new Corbin seat DRZ-400s, got mine in black carbon-fiber looking vinyl. Yeah, it is a bit pricey but less so than some of the other options I was looking at (I did not want to modify my stock seat). Comfort wise, the Corbin works for me. I have had Corbin seats before and I guess I am used to their firm padding. The only thing that I didn't care for on the new DRZ-400s seat was the amount of difficulty in getting it to fit the bike with a Clarke tank, but as I said in a different post on the subject, I finally got it to work after a good amount of pushing and coaxing. Not sure if you will run into the same issues with an IMS tank or not, but it was definitely NOT a "click n go" installation for me with the Clarke 3.9 tank. Corbin should have engineered a bit of front-rear adjustability into those rear tang brackets to allow for fit adjustment. :cry: All it would have taken would have been to make the brackets a bit wider with slots instead of holes for the two mounting bolts that hold the rear tangs to the seat. When I have some free time, I might just make some new clones of their rear brackets this way to allow for the rear brackets to be adjusted more easily.

I'd like to know if anyone out there riding a Corbin seat on their DRZ-400S who has a body profile similar to mine (I'm short: 5'8" @ 180 lbs.) likes the reported reduced seat height? Help please... Corbin reports their seat is over 3" shorter than my stock "bananna". I read the DRZ-400S has a seat height of 36.8" (that feels about right without having measured it). I just bought mine 9/15/04 and after reviewing for months after selling my Harley (yeah, I might be old, but I prefer roling around in the dirt) to being limited to the tarmac, and I love the ability to dodge in/out of traffic that my big bike couldn't do so easy (too heavy). Anyways, somebody give me some answers before I blow nearly 300 bucks. Thanks guys! :cry:

:cry: I had the same problem with the front seat catch not engaging the clip on the gas tank. I'm using a Clarke 3.9 gal tank. Luckily the tank clip on the Clarke tank is held on with one bolt and is made of alum flat bar. I made a new clip 3/4" longer and bent it up a little and got it to engage the seat. I didn't want to modify the seat. I didn't try it with my stock tank but I doubt if it would have fit. I think part of their problem is their rubber bumpers on the bottom of the seat. the are much stiffer than the stock ones and don't seem to be compressing enough. I think I will also call them about them sending me one of their new brackets and pop rivets ( mentioned in another members post ) so if I have to go back to the stock tank I can mount it. I have only ridden the bike about 100 miles because it's been raining some but I can say it defiantly is a big improvement over both the stock and gel seats. The foam is firm but the extra width supports much better. I'm 5' 10" but have a 30" inseam so I needed a lower seat and didn't want to lose any suspension travel. The gel seat got me closer to the ground but wasn't any more comfortable to me. My butt is about the only place I don't have extra padding.