Sign in to follow this  

Acerbis fuel tank install help please..

If anyone has this tank I can use a little help,This tank has two petcocks,with the install stuff that came with the tank I got one piece of fuel line and a Y connector..Now how do I hook up this tank with what they gave me??I figure I have to run fuel line to the Y connector,then run that to the carb..But that leaves me short one piece of fuel line??Am I thinking this all wrong??Or did they short me parts??As usual with every bike part I buy the instructions are vague and well pretty crappy :cry: If I'm reading the instructions right that black hose is the breather hose for the gas cap :cry:,that leaves me with no fuel line :cry:

You might want to buy thicker, better quality fuel lines since they will be so close to the engine. Heat might be an issue...if so get insulation to wrap around the lines. They are sold at auto part stores. When I bought my tank I went this route instead of using the supplied lines. So far so good. By the way...I think they only gave me 1 line too.

Good luck!

Todd,

I have the 4.25 on my DRZ. It sounds like the same instructions. All that thin fuel line is good for is to measure out how much of the good thick fuel line you'll need to buy at the auto store. You need to be sure that the right side fuel line doesn't touch your engine and remember that gravity has to feed that line back to where it T's together just in front of the carb with the left side fuel line. PM me if you have any other questions.

ok thanks guys..Maybe I'll buy some of that thermal tape from the TT store and pick up some fuel line tomorrow..

Stock fuel line goes from carb to Y, upper left leg. vertical leg of Y points to the right-side petcock and gets some of the supplied fuel line, attached to the r/s petcock. Upper right leg of Y gets the rest of the supplied fuel line(you have to cut it to size for the r/s pc), run it up and over the boot from airbox to carb and attach the end to the left side petcock.....all done! It is easier if you unbolt the rectifier/reg. from the frame and let it hang out of the way.

At least, I think that's how I routed it. I'm at work, the WRs at home..... :cry: