Sign in to follow this  

chain guide

Has anyone found any aftermarket aluminum chain guides for a crf150? I have had the chain derail in deep ruts during a couple of hare scrambles. A friend of mine also has a crf and his has done the same. The stock guide is kind of minimal and can be moved without a lot of effort. The chain tennsion is right and is not too lose or tight. :cry:

You may want to do some research and find if the chain guide in a crf250 is the same as the 230.

Just a little food for thought.

You may need to alter your riding line when approaching or entering these ruts. The stock chain guide is a good design. An aluminum one will bend also. The difference being the aluminum one will "stay" bent, so it won't be as easy to re-install the chain. The larger bikes ahead of you during the races are creating the ruts, so once you get there, your dragging the the chain guide because of the smaller wheels.

my dads rmx 250 has a metal and plastic chain guide and hasent bent in his ten years of riding. so i dont think it would bend on a lttle crf 150. i was just wondering if there is an after market metal chain guide. every harescramble i enter in the left turns the chain guide rubs and make my chain come off. i dont want that to happen.

some times you cant go around the ruts.

thanks

Try to remember that the RMX has much larger wheels, and the chain guide is always much further away from the ground...... Your 150 will always suffer in comparison. Again, if you are derailing the chain now, don't be surprised if your problems remain regarding the chain guide. If you find and mount a metal reinforced guide, the mount will probably bend or break next. A little flex was probably incorporated into the original design.

Good luck !