Sign in to follow this  

Creative Financing

I need to step up from my XR100, and money's a little tight. Saving for a house.

I'm thinkin' I'll just take over my hubby's 2001 XR250 - tho it's pretty damn heavy for me (I'm a 5'3" female trail rider) - and hand the 100 off to our 9-year-old.

We can swing the $3000 for a KDX for hubby.

My only concern is the weight of the 250. Might we be better off spending the $3000 on a lighter bike for me, so I don't end up slowing everyone down every time I fall and need help picking up the bike?

I'm not a needy rider. I can take care of myself in the trails, but this bike is HEAVY!!

Can anyone suggest other options for us?

You could lean towards a crf or yzf 250 and it will be lighter than the xr, or, you could always look at a 2-smoke big wheel 80 or 85. it would be a step up in power and you would have no problems picking it up.

Sorry man, but no way anyone 5'3" would be able to ride a yzf or crf 250. I think the big wheel 80 or 85 is a better suggestion.

I would suggest the Honda CRF150 OR 230 more so the 230 plenty of rider friendly trail riding power,low seat height which also means low center of gravity, less tippy not to mention i think they have the magic button, plus Honda quality. :cry: Small bore short strokin 2 smokes can be a little pipey for the trails and not as good on the fuel mileage.Good luck on what ever you decide on :cry:

Thanks for the help.

Been considering the 230 ...

The toughest part will be breaking the news to hubby that I get the new bike, not him. :cry:

9'0" vincente, 7'8" classic, 9'0" tanaka :cry: i get it surf boards duhh, your living the life :cry: My plans for my second life(retirement)is to relocate to baja for my career as a biker/surfer by day and Master Tequilla distiller by nite. :cry: Oh god please let it happen :cry: :cry: