Sign in to follow this  

Anyone ever ride in a place called Gore Va at The Cove?

I have been there a couple times and they need to mark the trails better. It is a fun place to ride but a little rocky....

It's a great place to ride. I've been there three times. Once last spring when because of unending rain, every trail was a river. That was a little testy

I agree w/whiteman, the trails could use some better marking. The last time I was there, I took a wrong turn and ended up in a place on the map was labled "Scary Stuff".

They weren't kidding. I thought I was going to die or at least trash my bike. I finally turned back and had a blast the rest of the day. :cry: :cry:

It's a great place to ride. I've been there three times. Once last spring when because of unending rain, every trail was a river. That was a little testy

I agree w/whiteman, the trails could use some better marking. The last time I was there, I took a wrong turn and ended up in a place on the map was labled "Scary Stuff".

They weren't kidding. I thought I was going to die or at least trash my bike. I finally turned back and had a blast the rest of the day. :cry: :cry:

wow - did not know VA had some scary stuff trails - thats why I go to WV and TN....gonna have to check that out. Is there a website with the trail maps on it???

There is also a place about 30 minutes south of the Cove called Tasker's Gap. I rode there last February. It was great.

There is also a place about 30 minutes south of the Cove called Tasker's Gap. I rode there last February. It was great.

Yeah - I have been there, but there were not enough challenging trails - rode everything there at about 25-40 mph....

I would love to find some more challenging stuff in VA :cry:

I have been there a couple times and they need to mark the trails better. It is a fun place to ride but a little rocky....

yea i agree they do need to mark the trails better, havent been too far on them because i dont want to get lost, i usually ride out there by myself so i dont want to take those chances, i go there alot though, my dad and a bunch of his friends take their trucks up there and go wheelin alot, my favorite trail up there is probably the pinacle, highest elevation in west va, it's pretty cool. :cry:

wow - did not know VA had some scary stuff trails - thats why I go to WV and TN....gonna have to check that out. Is there a website with the trail maps on it??? -

they have a website, i dont think they have trail maps on it, they give you the map when you check in at the campground.

http://www.motocove.com/

I raced a hare scrambles at The Cove last year and won my class. It's a fun place to ride and has plenty of rocks but nothing I'd call scary. There is nothing there that is close to the highest elevation in WV either. Spruce Knob in Pendleton Co. is the highest point in WV.

http://www.motocove.com/

Didnt know that, that's what they always told me.. where is spruce knob?

Spruce Knob is southwest of Gore in the Monongahela Natl. Forest. It's elevation is 4861' and Pinnacle is only 2844'. :cry:

i think its 20$ a day to ride, and if you want to camp i think thats another 20$ for land use fee etc, they have a bunch of stuff to do there, they have a beach, shooting ranges,fishing,snowtubing in the winter, etc and they also have heated showers and bathrooms, and they sell firewood, i think its like 1$ for 6 peices of wood. it's a pretty cool place to go.

I agree!!! I ride there as often as I can. It's about 1-1/2 hours for me, so it's not as often as I would like.

Doug

yea it's about and hour and a half from me too, i go up there maybe once every two months, its a great place to ride, and its the closest thing to me , next to buds creek and rausch creek.