Sign in to follow this  

New bars but confused about switch fitting

I've fitted Renthal Enduro Hi profile bars to the DRZ this afternoon and I'm trying to work out why I can't get the switchgear snug to the throttle on the right handlebar - there's a half inch gap in between.

So, I checked the Suzuki website and the pic of the DRZ on there shows the throttle cables exiting the throttle assembly above the bar. The pics I have of my bike seem to have the throttle cabes below the bar. I can't squeeze the kill switch any closer than 1/2" from the throttle so the brake is in aweird place.

Can anybody advise?

Cheers

Ian

Or you could drill a hole in your new bars. I just ground mine off though - much easier.

Not exactly sure what your issue is, but when I added my BigDR risers and Renthal Jimmy Buttons, I rotated the throttle housing so that the cables are on the bottom. This allows the cables enough slack.

Also filed off the little mounting locating nibs that are inside the housings. These nibs locate the housing in the proper orientation on the original bars via the holes drilled into the bars. Don't drill your Renthals, just remove the nibs.

Yep, I ground off the locating pins but the kill switch has a profile on the bottom of the case that looks like it fits around the throttle cables. But, if you do this, you can't get the kill switch closer than 1/2" away from the throttle.

Like I say, the pics on the Suzuki website thow the cables above the bar but my pics of my new bike show it below.

If you have the throttle cables exiting the throttle assembly below the bar, how do you gte the kill switch close to the throttle?

Cheers

Ian

I just checked another pic of a mate's DRZ.

DRZ

Errrrrrr.........I put the throttle back on the bar upside down, didn't I? :cry:

Ian (embarrassed)

I know for a fact mine was assembled upside down. I left them that way not know any different until I noticed it. Figured no real big deal and left them. Then it hit me, they are supposed to go up so that mud/water can't go down and get into the cable.