Sign in to follow this  

yz85 subframes

Hey guys i know yall are thumpers but i need some help plz about my yz85! I gettin a little taller and want to stay on an 85 as long as possible without switchin up to the 125 class. I was wanderin what are some tricks to get ur bike taller. I was wanderin if u could get a bigger subframe. Anything will help so plz. And thanks for any help. thumpers are cool too. SO peace

Yamaha offers a big wheel kit for the yz85 it can be purchased through any yamaha dealer worth it's weight. That is the only sure fire way to raise the seat height.

another thing u can do is adjust your sag (preload) and if you do make sure you get use to it first dont just go off of a huge jump w/o getting used to it. good luck

hey guys thanks for the help! I will use it indeed! Do u yall know what races u can races u can race with the bigger wheel kit. But thanks so far

Supermini and 125 classes are the only classes that i know that you can run a big wheel in, in the 125 classes you will need to bore or stroke the motor to 103, 105 or 112cc's the 103 and the 105 are the only ones legal for lorretta lynns and ponca city. It also varies from track to track some my let you run a bigwheel in the 85cc classes as long as it' stock displacement. Check with your local tracks and your AMA disrict web site for rules and reg's. The 103, 105, 112 kits can be had from Rick Peterson motorsports.

RPM'S Big bore

Thats a good ? From what i gather from the info on Ricks site they dont just bore a cylinder and put a bigger piston in it and give it back, they port and deck or mill the head to change the comp ratio and also change the squish or quench characteristics of the head. With the increase in airflow, comp ratio, and cylinder volume i would say yea you will notice a diference from a stock 85. I had the cylinder ported and polished,and the head decked on my son's 85 by a well know shop and that alone made a diference. Your best bet is to contact Rick @ Rick Petersen Motorsports and ask the man himself.