Sign in to follow this  

OMG OMG! AWESOMENESS!

Hey all, my mom just drove by(i live with my dad), and she had something in the back, it appeared to be a xr250, but i am still in shock and i am unsure even though i have rode it:) It is a '04 xr250. Wow, i could not thank her enough, she was asking me a lot of questions about my current bike(86 cr125) like when i was getting it put back together to get it sold, and i had no idea she would be dropping this off! woW! only thing i have to do is give her and her bf the money for what i sell my bike for. A few questions, is it suppose to be hard to start when you first get it? It only has 1 mile on it so far. Also what is the break in procedure for these bikes, i have not seen it in the owners manual yet. Also, can this bike be street legal if you put a brake light on it, and does it void your warranty if you remove the baffle out of the pipe if that gives more power that is, my friend took it out of his crf230 and it sounded and performed better. Well any tips and advice would be greaty appreciated and i am still in shock!

-edit- btw this was for my birthday and xmas(bday=12/20) she wanted me to get use out of it before winter.

COOL DEAL!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of thumpers. :cry:

All I can tell you about an XR is they are like cockroaches....indestructable and will be around after the last nuke falls. :cry:

My only question to you is....

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TYPING ON A COMPUTER!!!

Get out and ride it!!! :cry:

Congrats dude! :cry:

i couldnt go out and ride seeing as it was 8pm at night and my dad didnt want me out even though it has a headlight! which is damn bright! Now its raining here damnit, and it is goin to be for like 2 days :cry:.

Congradulations!!... Now You and your friend should put your baffles back in so you can keep your riding areas open!

They'll be harder to start than a 2 stroke, they have a lot more compression so you'll feel that for sure. You'll figure out the starting eventually.

harder to start...you got that right took me a couple days to figure out the compression release on my 02 yz250f

ya i figured out how to start it, if i dont touch the gas at all it starts, im used to gasing it to start like my cr125, but the compression lever is nice as well :cry: i put 40 miles on it today!

definetely no gas, you'll flood it really easy that way. A good way to unflood em (i might as well tell ya now cuz it'll come in handy when you're 3 hours out on that trail) is pull in the hot start and kick it over slowly 4-5 times. Don't unflood it like a 2 stroke cuz on a 4 stroke you have an accelerator pump that actually will flood it even more.