Sign in to follow this  

Bought an SV650 today!!

I pick it up tomorrow. It's a 2000 with 2400 miles on it. I've been looking for a daily rider which is capable of touring. I've heard nothing but great things about this bike and can't wait to see what the hype is about. I can save the knobbies for the dirt :cry:

I pick it up tomorrow. It's a 2000 with 2400 miles on it. I've been looking for a daily rider which is capable of touring. I've heard nothing but great things about this bike and can't wait to see what the hype is about. I can save the knobbies for the dirt :cry:

Excellent! :cry: Give us a full report the first couple of days, I've been looking at them for a while... :cry: What'd you get it for? :cry:

$3200--seems to be about the going price considering the milage and condition (perfect/stock). I'll give a full report after the weekend when I've got some time in the saddle.

I got an SV today too. Check out my Buell post above. A brand new 03, for $5100. I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow. I was planning on motarding my XR, But I really want to do some distance riding, and on the XR if someone even mentions an expressway, by face loses it's color in horror.

I had a '02 SV650S and sold it because I didn't ride it much, it was a real nice bike! It had alot of torque but I felt uneasy riding street so I sold it to get another dirt bike so I have a 2 & a 4 stroke now.

Enjoy it!

ED

congrats!!! the street fighter style is a comfortble bike to play on. watch out for cops... you'll be tempted to rip wheelies regularly :cry:

I had an SV/S a few years ago. Those are great bulletproof bikes. If you're 180# or more, you may want to add Race Tech springs to the forks. Go to SVRider for a great resource on the bike and enjoy! Larry

I picked it up today and now I see what the hype is about! This think has power everywhere (haven't opened it up yet) but has plenty of muscle all the way through the rpms. SUCH a sweet feeling bike too. I weigh 150 but may upgrade the fork springs in the future. The last thing I need is front end dive on the street. I know I'm coming from dirtbikes and dualsports but this thing makes great power :cry:-- I'll give a better report after I change all the fluids and make sure everything is lubed.

congrats!!! the street fighter style is a comfortble bike to play on. watch out for cops... you'll be tempted to rip wheelies regularly :cry:

Didnt know the SV was considered a "Street fighter"? Granted it doesnt have full plastics but give it some credit. The only downer to the '00 is you don't have adjustable front forks. Took them a couple years to add that on, Suzuki is great. Buy the full plastics and turn it into a nice track bike :cry:

I picked it up today and now I see what the hype is about! This think has power everywhere (haven't opened it up yet) but has plenty of muscle all the way through the rpms. SUCH a sweet feeling bike too. I weigh 150 but may upgrade the fork springs in the future. The last thing I need is front end dive on the street. I know I'm coming from dirtbikes and dualsports but this thing makes great power :cry:-- I'll give a better report after I change all the fluids and make sure everything is lubed.

I think the HP numbers on it are somewhere around 70-75, pretty low power but the V-Twin has the torque that makes you feel like you're going fast. Once you get use to it get an RC51 or similar :cry: Congrats and buy some gear if you haven't yet