New good habits?

I start riding again on a regular basis this weekend, after being out for two months with a broken clavicle. I've only ridden dirt a little over a year (both track and trail), and I'm thinking this might be a good time to focus on re-learning some basics while I'm getting comfortable again... so, I'm wondering, what top 5 things does everyone think are the basic foundations for riding mx/trails? I'm thinking, so far:

1. Sit forward on the bike, near the tank

2. Elbows UP!

3. Stand more

4. ??

5. ??

Thoughts, suggestions? ?

Good topic.

<ul type="square">

1. Sit forward on the bike, near the tank (when turning)

2. Elbows UP!

3. Stand more

4. Hang on with your legs

5. Practice staying neutral with the bike - meaning front to back (not side to side), so that your balanced front to back. When braking be back in a neutral position, On accel, same thing but forward. This helps HUGE amounts with Arm pump, control, and probably more then that but that's All I can think of. Berkeman Outlines this really well in this thread

6. Weight the outside peg in turns.

7. ??

8. ??

I have more, but I'll leave some for others.

1. Sit forward on the bike, near the tank (when turning)

2. Elbows UP!

3. Stand more

4. Hang on with your legs

5. Practice staying neutral with the bike - meaning front to back (not side to side), so that your balanced front to back. When braking be back in a neutral position, On accel, same thing but forward. This helps HUGE amounts with Arm pump, control, and probably more then that but that's All I can think of. Berkeman Outlines this really well in this thread

6. Weight the outside peg in turns.

7. Look up the track or trail, do not look at the front wheel.

8.Don't be afraid to make suspension changes. As you get better the old setting may not be the best settings.