Sign in to follow this  

FCR 39 bog Need Help!!!

Hello,

I live in Austin,Tx at 500ft, and I have a bad stumbel/bog of idel(slow roll) when I snap the throttel other then that seems to run good. I have tried two set up's

still bogs. Not sure what to try next?

2004 KLX 400 (DR)

FourStrokeWorks-- Header and pipe

Snorkel Removed

Set up #1 from FSW

Pilot-55

Clip Position-4th from top

Main-158

Main Air jet-200

Pilot Air jet-1 1/2 turn out (in bell)

Fuel screw-1 1/2 to 2 1/2 out. Have tried up to 4 turns.

Set up #2 via phone with FSW

Pilot-58

Clip position-4th from top

Main-158

Main Air Jet-200

Pilot Air jet-3/4 turn out (in bell)

Fuel Screw-1 1/2-2 1/2 turns out. Have tried up to 4 turns

Lost :cry:

Thanks Don

Burned,

Thanks for your response. :cry:

FCR is a conversion. To replace the stock CV.

The only thing I know about the needle is from the build sheet.

Needle--OCDVR I hope this is what you are asking for?

Thanks

Don

ok,that sheds some light.the dvr needle isnt really the best needle for the job...

you will need to order a few things but try this set up.its known good set up on drz's.should be right on or only need slight tuning.

155 main

EMM needle

4th clip

38 pilot jet

5/8 turn pilot air screw (under bell mouth)

2 turns fuel screw.

Burned,

Is the Main Air Jet ok? and for the parts I need, local or on line I.E Sudco,JD ext?

If I had only asked you to begin with, I would have saved hours studying the jetting posts. At least now I can save hours of frustration. People like you really help us new guy's. It's nice to know your out there. Please keep it up we all need ya.

Thanks agian

Don

I found everything but the EMM needle down the street.

Am I wasting my time? Will the DVR needle work for trial run? Before I buy from JD.

Thanks Don

the dvr will work for a test ride.the problem with the dvr is the straight diameter is pretty lean.it will probably still bog with it.

155 main

EMM needle

4th clip

38 pilot jet

5/8 turn pilot air screw (under bell mouth)

2 turns fuel screw.

With a DVR needle instead, use clip position #6 and your #158 main jet or bigger if you have one (160-165).

Thanks For the input James.

Well the local shop was a waste of time, so I will order my parts tonight.

James, Since I will be buying new parts anyway and givin the above posts does the jetting kit you sell have what I need?

My spare parts

main--158,160,162

pilot--52,55,58

Question #2 I may be parting hairs, but this has been on my mind since day one. FSW set my carb up with the threaded kehine 36mm intake adapter to match my 36mm klx-S intake boot. I can buy a threaded 39mm carb adapter and a klx-R 39mm intake boot. Is it relavent to performance or just a O.D. change?

Thanks

Don

The jetting kit will have what you need except for the pilot jet. The usual pilot jet with your carb is closer to a #45-#48 with a pilot air jet of #100 (roughly equal to 1 turn out on the air screw).

Having the air screw allows a much smaller pilot jet (#38) as burned suggested. The air screw needs to be turned inwards as he described with the #38.

I'm not familiar with the adapter. The inner diameter needs to be at least as big as the carburetor bore (39mm) or you will limit flow and reduce top-end power.

James