Sign in to follow this  

Rocket raceway 9-19?

Anyone going up to Rocket sunday? Should be done raining sat so track should be in good shape for sunday.Legs finally healed and doc says I can finally ride havent ridden since june 20 so am anxious so if any one comes I will be riding bike 788 I will be the slowest one there so will be easy to spot Rick

Cool, so you got what you needed?

Yeah, this rain should make Rocket BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I asked dad about it, and he did say it's a good possibility of going...

I need to get a .005 feeler guage and re-check my valves, but I think I should be able to do all that tomorrow. I need to swap out those grips too. Renthal junk. I'm using the MSR Dominator grips that came stock on my 520. I love those things.

I'm thinking the softer Renthal grips MAY be contributing to my severe arm pump/numbness, as softer grips can sometimes require a rider to hold on tighter (as you lose a little sensation, so you grip harder). I'm hoping these man-grips will help my arm pump a little.

The Bridgestone M50 should work great, and the new 739 in the rear should make any conditions at rocket pleasurable! I just wish that was a Maxxis IT set I had on there!

All in all, I'm hoping to make it there SUnday, I hope dad wants to go, and maybe my uncle too... :cry:

Who else?

We thinking going up too and keep looking at the weather. Looks like it might clear up and be sunny according to the forcast which would be great for the track :cry: Might be a little muddy to start. We wouldn't arrive to noonish if we came. Going to call to see how the kids track made out with all the rain.

:cry:

The son and i are headed up.Bringin his 65 to sell.Guy up there wants it.WOO HOO..Track WILL be sa-weet!Always is after a good soaking. :cry:

I'm in along with my son and his PW50. Won't be there till 12:30 - pm. Prime those corners!

man, so tempting. my knee is feeling decent and i DO plan on riding tomorrow.. but i gotta go easy. i really wanna be able to race next weekend.

you guys have fun, i'll be trail riding. :cry:

Dad cannot go tomorrow. He is on call for work, and the West Hershey plant utilities area is under 13 feet of water, so most likely, he will be getting called in for help to get the place running correctly.

THe main Hershey plant was shut-down today due to the generators being under water, and if the water had been a foot higher, they would have flooded the boilers, which would have caused a very significant issue.

I think I'll still be there myself though!

canceled? what for?

goddammit .. the 26th is my birthday and budds had a race scheduled that i was excited about racing and they rescheduled it, then i found out about the rocket race on my birthday and got excited again..

&%$#@! do these people have against running races on my birthday??!! :cry:

son of a..

OK fellas. Bike is loaded in the bed of the beastly Tacoma.

I washed my helmet liners (stank something fierce...) and I will be washing me gear shortly.

I'm going out to Rocket tomorrow! Shooting for 11 or so. I don't plan on getting up TOOO early.

That's the only way to describe it today!

Absolutely beautiful. Those two mud areas made it fun.

Those berms were great!!

I will be riding bike 788 I will be the slowest one there so will be easy to spot Rick

Nice meeting you Rick, although when you flew by me doing the downhill ski jump, I don't think you missed a beat being out. :cry:

:cry::cry::lol:

Got that right DethWshBkr, that track can take the water. Thank Mark for great prep work. They closed Saturday but he started working on it Saturday for the Sunday turnout. :lol:

Sorry your Dad missed a great one. My wife was on call too due to computer servers being on Front Street. We stopped by on the way home and parts of Front Street were flooded. We actually touched the river on Front Street. :cry:

Where is Rocket and do they have a website? This sounds like a great place.