Sign in to follow this  

Hard seat

I just got my first taste of a KTM, I love it. Fast, light, agile, smooth.

On the other side the seat is a rock. I ride Baja and the rides are very long.

Any suggestions on seats? I need a sofa!!!

Yep! The stock seat sucks. I thinks there are several options available. Here was the solution I went with for my KTM. The seat works great. Guts Racing

On my Yamaha I got the SDG seat and it too has been extremely good and held up over time. Here is a link to their site. ===> SDG USA

Hopefully others will chime in here with some other recommendations and experiences. In the mean time, I hope this helps a little.

:cry:

Paul

I've had two different guts foams, a soft and a medium. I now run the Eunduro Engineering complete seat. It's by far way more comfortable than either of the guts products. Plus it's a complete seat at about the same price you get a cover and foam from guts.

Another great investment for your behind is the $35 EVS air tech shorts. They're padded in the crotch and vented.

I've just got the Enduro Engineering complete seat in the tall configuration. got a little seat time on it today huge improvement ovet the stock KTM

Can anyone tell me if Enduro Eng, makes a complete seat for a 2003 450 EXC. JZ

I went with gutz. At the time and maybe still there wasn't a complete seat for my 525 mxc. I love the gutz seat. I sent it to them and they put it all together for me. Great service and great product.

A hard seat on a KTM? Thats the first I've ever heard of such a thing.

P.S. I've got the EE seat. I wish it was just a bit softer. Still a big improvement though.

Baja - depending on where you live Z-Racing stocks the seat and it's a tad less than Guts direct. Just got mine today and will have it on tomorrow. Couldn't bare the thought of 250 mile ride this weekend on a stock KTM seat. OUCH!!!

Good luck - Tim.