Sign in to follow this  

Buell CityX

I have been looking for a street bike for a while now, and read about the Buell CityX,http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=1159&Page=1, so I went over to my local Harley dealer to check one out. They had the bike in stock and it looks really cool, I had researched all the info on the bike but I still wanted to ask the salesman questions on the bike. Unfortunatly I found out quickly the extent he knew about the bike is that they were "real fast", so fine ,I still am interested in buying it regardless. Then I asked him how much they were asking for it and he goes away for 10 min. and comes back with a piece of paper that had $11,000 scribbled on it! I was stunned, The MSRP for the bike is $8400. I tried to get him somewhere near that, and they won't budge. Sorry Bro, they say. So I leave frustrated at the whole experience. I then head down the block to Aero P.A. my Suzuki dealer to check out a SV650, where the owner tells me everything from frame geomotry, Vtwin engine design and anything else I needed to know without a hint of "sales tactics" So if you havn't guessed I bought the SV for less that half of what the Buell cost, and got a far superior bike. I really wanted to buy an American sportbike not because they are the fastest out there but because the Buell has a definite cool factor, but you would have to be a moron to pay $2600 over an already way overpriced bike. by the way there was a guy looking at sunglasses there, and when he asked the price, he said "do you offer financing for those".

So, did you stop by the Buell dea...stealer afterwards to show him your nice, new ride?? :cry: :cry:

Good choice. It was bad enough when the Harley shops charge way over MSRP, it's out of line for a Buell dealer to be doing it...but most of them are also H-D stealers, so it's SOP for the idiots! :cry:

Good choice, the SV is a good bike and you didn't pay harley rip off prices. i was looking for a good v-twin for a fun bike and got a 750 ducati monster with less than 3,000 miles for 5,000. screw harley dealers if they won't budge!!!

screw harley dealers if they won't budge!!!

So why do you guys insist on going to the dealers to buy your bikes? Screw the dealer. They're all rip off's. There's plenty of good Buells to be had for great prices from private parties, from the earlier Buells to the present day Buells. And for great prices too. Check the Cycle Trader or some other weekly motorcycle newspaper ads. There's good deals to be had everywhere. My buddy just picked up an '01 Thunderbolt S3T(the touring model) with 5100 miles for $7K. He just got back from a 5,000+ mile tour of the western U.S. without one problem. Is that not a good deal? I think it is. He's so damn happy about his "new" bike it's insane! lol So if you really want a Buell shop around. You'll find what you need. If my 49 year old, trashed knees could handle the sportbike riding position I'd still own my Buell, and probably have 60-70K miles on it by now..

Jeez. You'd think a Buell dealer would be buying you lunch, beers, and BJ just for threatening to buy one of their bikes.

A few months back I went to my local Buell dealer and tried to get a test ride on an XB12, and they said they couldn't get insurance to cover test rides.

Gee, I've tested Ducati's, Aprilias, and Hondas around here before. :cry:

Jeez. You'd think a Buell dealer would be buying you lunch, beers, and BJ just for threatening to buy one of their bikes.

The problem is, Harley runs the show. Eric Buell(the real Buell mastermind) is now just an H-D puppet working in R&D. He should buy back his stake in Buell and sell them in his own shops. Many Harley dealers are dumping the Buell cuz they don't know crap about them, and they can't sell chrome for them(cuz there ain't no chrome onna Buell! :cry:). Hell, most of the dealers are too much into their wine and cheese to know anything about motorcycles. IMO, most H-D dealership owners are rich urban sissies that wear golf apparel, only in it for the money and ought to be horse whipped for imitating a biker and pretending to know-it-all about motorcycles. And those 30,000 sq. ft. monstrosities they call dealerships are basically just a friggin' boutique/accessory store with parts sold for secondary income.

Losers! :cry:

The problem is, Harley runs the show. Eric Buell(the real Buell mastermind) is now just an H-D puppet working in R&D. He should buy back his stake in Buell and sell them in his own shops. Many Harley dealers are dumping the Buell cuz they don't know crap about them, and they can't sell chrome for them(cuz there ain't no chrome onna Buell! :cry:). Hell, most of the dealers are too much into their wine and cheese to know anything about motorcycles. IMO, most H-D dealership owners are rich urban sissies that wear golf apparel, only in it for the money and ought to be horse whipped for imitating a biker and pretending to know-it-all about motorcycles. And those 30,000 sq. ft. monstrosities they call dealerships are basically just a friggin' boutique/accessory store with parts sold for secondary income.

Losers! :cry:

Holy [@#$%&*!] dude, feel better now? :cry: They are cool but they wont last at those prices. Then they will sell buell to a japanese bolwing ball company :cry: