Sign in to follow this  

left side bar slightly lower than right. what to check next?

i noticed the left side of my pro taper bars were a little lower than the right. I took the bars off and they looked slighlt bent. I went ahead and bought new bars and when putting them on loosened everything up--bar mounts, triple clamps--to make sure the forks weren't twisted too. It's definitely better but not completely straight, left side still appears a little lower than right. Not sure what else to try. I have Applied wrap 1 1/8" top triple clamp. Maybe the bolts on the bar mounts are bent and i should try replacing those? :cry:

Did you loosen the front axle to let the fork tubes find their correct position?

I was told road racers use a small sheet (about 12"x6")of glass to allign the forks. The glass will only lay flat if the forks are parallel.

What kind of bar mounts do you have? I finally switched to a solid bar mount because my rubber mounted bar mounts kept twisting after a crash. Also a friend of my took a spill and her forks actually twisted in the triple clamp and made things look slighty tweeked. I would try loosening up the triple clamps, and the bar mounts and wiggle things around a bit and see if that straightens things out a bit.