Sign in to follow this  

Jumping a 250exc?

I would like to get a ktm 250exc. The riding I will be doign is mostly trail riding and the enduros/scrambles sound like a blast. Although we do have some jumps, a 25 foot table top seems to get most of my attention when I am riding now.

Would I be disapointed or have to not jump so much if I went with the EXC? Also I have read that the exc compared to the sx has a lower 1st gear, what exactly does that mean? Will I still be able to do wheelies like crazy on an exc? I road a yz250 last weekend and the front end just wanted to come up the whole time. Or is the exc going to be slower at first and then gets faster.

Thanks, this is kind of in the wrong forum. Mainly wanted to know about the jumping and the rest carried over. appreciate it.

okay here i will fill you in on the exc ktm took the 250 twostroke and smoothed out the power so when you want to wheelie you can but unlike the yz250 it will not want to always wheelie the exc is probably the best 2 stroke trailbike every made at the time and when they say the first gear is lower i think tht means it gets more low end torque definetly get the exc250 it will probably be my next bike when i get bigger :cry:

I just got a 400 EXC and it feels, to me, alot like my YZF250. It wheelies best in 2nd gear but does not ever feel like it wants to flip over, not at all. I wonder if the 250 is less powerful? Is it a 4 stroke?