Sign in to follow this  

wr250f vs crf250x vs ktm200exc for tight hare scrambles..

which bike would be better in the tight woods virginia,north carolina..looking at getting a new bike..anyone rode these models that could shed some light on this...thanks

The main difference is on the KTM. You will have to clutch/shift more and have more throttle control, because the motor is more explosive. I have not ridden the CR model, but I have ridden and owned the other two.

If you're serious about woods racing, do what everyone else does and get a 250 2 stroke. The more woods stuff I ride and watch, the more it seems to be the best choice.

All in the rider. If your fast on a wr you'll be fast on a crf.Hell I got beat one time by an old lady riding a Rascall Scooter and she was stopping to pick up pop bottles on the side of yhe track. :cry:

The 200exc with a 10-12 oz Flywheel weight will pretty much smoke a 250F of any color, in the hands of a good rider. I would get the 200exc.

All 3 are good bikes. I prefer the WR. It needs less mods to get the same power as the YZF. The CRFX needs a bunch of mods to get the same power. The KTM will require some flywheel weight to slow the revs down or a very good right hand. That being said choose your color and dealer and ride. :cry: