Sign in to follow this  

KLX300 vs. KLX/DRZ400 ?

I am 30 years old and 6'2" @ 215 lbs.; what bike should I get? Because of my lack of experience I am favoring the the smaller of the two, but I am afraid that after I get some hours on the saddle I'll wish that I had the 400. Any suggestions? :cry:

Thanks in advance!

The 400 would probably fit you better, although I am 6'1" 200lbs and prefer the 300 due to it's much lighter weight and handling. Don't worry about the 400. You'll be able to handle the power. Don't do any of the free uncorking mods til you are fine with the power, then start to uncork it and you'll have more power. Don't rule out the 300 though. It might be the right bike for you, although you'll need higher bars and suspension upgrades to be really comfortable. On the 400 you'll need suspension upgrades as well and maybe bars.

I have both. At your weight, you will need some suspension work on either bike. I am 190 pounds, both have enough power for me. I like the 400 in more open ground, the 300 is best in tight woods. The only reason I would prefer the 400 is, that I have the S model and being street legal is a little less concern about where I ride. If possible get a ride on both and then decide.