Sign in to follow this  

DR650 Seats

My wife has been riding with me some and shes complaining about the stock seat, so any suggestions? Do the gel seats work any better for passengers? I do have a seat that came off a road bike of some kind, and the base and general shape is similar to mine but alittle wider and it has a step up on the back so it would be a level seat for her.It looks like it could narrowed some so it would work. I see the staples holding the covers on, is this a special staple and how do you install a cover? Thanks SF. :cry:

Here is a website that sells new covers, foam and gell pads. There are also some instructions on how to do it yourself. web page I just had mine rebuilt by Sargent and it cost me $232. It did turn out nice and is way better than stock. However next time Im going to try it myself, Its not rocket science. After a bit of research Ive found that I can find high grade foams locally from the same supplier that sells to the upholstery shops. I will buy the foam and contact cement, shape and fit the foam myself then take the seat to a local shop to have a cover made for it.

I put a Corbin on my DR650 & it is a solid improvement over the stock seat. It is quite a bit wider so it wouldn't be a first choice for someone that has short legs, but I'm 6' so it works out ok. The stock seat is just too narrow for long freeway trips & after 100 miles or so you can't wait for a gas stop...

I put a Corbin on my DR650 & it is a solid improvement over the stock seat. It is quite a bit wider so it wouldn't be a first choice for someone that has short legs, but I'm 6' so it works out ok. The stock seat is just too narrow for long freeway trips & after 100 miles or so you can't wait for a gas stop...

Are you still using the stock tank? If so where exactly is the gap between the tank and the front of the seat? Is it at the top, the bottom, or does it run consistantly from the bottom up to the top on an even line? It dont see how it could be too hard too custom fit the Corbin to the stock tank(maybe altering the brackets) for a decent fit. I like Corbins and have had 2 of them on my Beemers, they were the most comfortable long distance seats Ive used.