Sign in to follow this  

Any clutch gurus in the house?

I need some help from some some of you guys with the big brains out there. My Husky has a bad case of the clutch drags. It's always dragged a little but has recently gotten worse after I changed my cylinder head and my clutch cable. It doesn't appear to be the cable and the actuation seems pretty smooth. I pulled the pressure plate and discs. No significant "mushrooming" of my plates and no significant notching on my basket. Bearings all look good. Anybody have any ideas. It seems like it should be something simple as the clutch really shows very little wear as I was told when I bought the bike used. I'll start measuring my springs, etc. Any other ideas. Thanks :cry:

I am not an expert at all but have you checked the obvious - like wear at the lever end on the pivot causing you to lose some of the stroke

If you adjust all the slack out of the cable does the clutch stop dragging when you pull it ? :cry:

Well...it seems for the time being my problem may be fixed. I re-packed the clutch plates etc....and I put in a lighter transmission oil. I had recently switched to some slightly heavier motul. Also, whoever had torqued the pressure plate bolts last had used the Kung Fu grip! I had to put it in sixth gear and back it against the wall to get the bolts out...the book calls for 5 ft/lbs. So I torqued them to spec (hope they don't back out now!). So I'm not really sure what the deal was, but it seems to have been remedied. :cry: