Sign in to follow this  

Fun on Ice

WOW! That look's FUN!

Is it just me, or do those ppl look like they're flyin through those turns? Is it a lot faster than riding in dirt? :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's a freakin blast!! I have been racing a quad for the last few years, but this year I think I'll ride a bike.

A couple of years ago we got organized enough to run transponders for lap counting. The series is usually 4-6hr races and 1 24hr race.

We averaged 60mph on the quad at one 6hr a couple yrs ago. :cry:

I did a bit of that last year on a xr100 and a gasgas 250.

I'm not too sure about racing with quads and trucks on the track though. :cry:

The trucks/tractors are a necessary in order to keep the ice clean. If they get the right timing, they keep a nice clean line.

Having only raced the quad, I know we can be a bit of a pain to the bikes since the quads can change lines in the middle of a corner.

Like I said earlier, I think I'm giving up the training wheels this year though!!

thrtlljnki,

Great clip. I put a new set of Fredette's on my WR last year and it worked great.

For anyone that gets a chance, ice is one of the best surfaces to ride on. Predictable and forgiving. It is like grooved up clay with more sliding.

I just bought a TTR-125L this weekend. I need to start building ice tires for it!

Ride fast-take chances.