Sign in to follow this  

03 DRZ TRANNY SHIFT PROBLEMS ???

Anyone out there had any problems with 2-3 shift staying in 2nd and 3-4 shift staying in 3rd, I'm having this problem when working the bike, but not that hard, also 2-3 sometimes feels like it didn't shift but actually did. Any ideas??? :cry:

How many miles on the bike? Mine shifted poorly until it broke in, it took longer than I expected.

My ST 1100 is doing that too... but it has almost 60,000 miles. Darn Mobil 1 Red Cap. Now I know better. Oh, DRZ, mine shifts great.

How hard do you ride it, I figure mine ended up with about that many (2000 miles/3200k) but they were 80% if not more really hard trail miles. It took at least half of that for it to get to a point I could deal with it. Never did like the first to second shift with the clutch though, at times it just would not go through neutral. The other thing I found with mine is that it is very sensitive to cable adjustment.

Good synth oil also helps

I have no problems shifting my bike ...but when my brother rides it he has a hell of time shifting try a longer shift lever. or raise it on the spines a few notches. :cry:

My 00 was doing the same thing. I took a little play out of the clutch and tighened up the chain a bit. I usually run chains on the loose side to prevent stretching, but the drz likes it a bit tighter. You may want to lower your shift lever a tad to get a nice clean upshift. :cry: