Sign in to follow this  

Borrowed a camera...Update pics

Nice pictures. I like that tank with the integrated shrouds. Is that a gel seat or did you shave down the foam?

You are CORRECT Sir!!! And for that you WIN...

A COMPLETE DRZ400 ENGINE TOP END!!!!

gel seat and 4 gal IMS tank is my guess

I like them alot...I didn't like the look of the stock turn signals...After replacing my rear signals with the UFO unit tailight turn signals combo I wanted to do something better with the front signals as well...I had first seen the Acerbis handguards with signals that they sell everywhere and was going to buy those then I saw a UFO headlight that has turn signals incorporated into it (Oregon) but it will only take a low wattage bulb...I have a PIAA 80w/80w Super White bulb in my stock (glass) headlight so I wanted to keep that...The place I purchsed the UFO Dual Sport Rally Handguards from was http://www.fourstrokesonly.com. They are a plastic only handguard but they are very stiff. I changed all the bulbs in the turn signals front and back to GE921 bulbs which are much brighter and make the blinking at a normal rate (Requires you to enlarge the hole in the plastic signal shells...Then sealed them water tight with silicone). The headlight cover is from Baja Designs and very inexpensive. It was silver colored but I spay painted it black. It offers a little protection against small rocks when you're following somebody and you get caught in their roost. :cry:

I see the Acerbis Dual Sport Rally guards on your bars. How do you like them?

Also, where do you get the front headlight cover?

LOOKS GOOD!

I traced back over them with a marker after installation. :cry:

i figured my notes would have been gone off the carb by now. :cry: :cry:

Have you ever had problems with the plastic lenses breaking on the handguards? I have heard a few complaints about this. I'm like you...hate the stock signals. I'm also sure that the UFO rear fender will be added on my bike when I can get some extra flow. THANKS FOR THE PICS AND INFO!

Well I suppose if you crash that would happen...I've had mine installed for several months and no such problem...The replacement signal lenses are available through DennisKirk and other's for about $8 each (includes bulb and wires)...I bought one as a spare...