Sign in to follow this  

Opinions needed on headers for the X

I am just curious about the effect that the Powerbomb or the High flow would have on the X. I know it will mostly be speculation at this point seeing how noone has done it but I am considering it.

I do not like the way that the X header loops out so far. I have landed flat on my side and consider myself lucky that all is well. I think I have Flatland to thank for that with the radiator guards taking most of the hit.

But I just bought the Q for my bike and it will be here in a couple of days and was wondering if maybe matching it up to the fmf header would help or hurt the performance "trail, torque" set up of the X or would it just be relocating the pipe and retaining the original performance?

Putting an R Cam in is also an option so if you have an opinion on that too.

Thanks.

My buddy has an X with the powerbomb header and Q muffler. I have yet to ride it but he had some issues with the header because it was for the R. He was melting the rad hose and ended up putting a piece of carbon on the backside so it wouldn't melt it. No more problems since. He also jetted it to FMF specs and said it runs great.

Putting an R Cam in is also an option so if you have an opinion on that too.

I wouldnt put in a R cam for the simple reason that you are going to loose your low end. Wait for the Hot Cams Stage 1 to come out (end of this month, early next month). There dyno figures look pretty impressive for all their other bikes, would see why it would be any different on the CRF250.

Maybe put the 05 cam in it.

I was thinking about that too but I wonder how a 05 cam would work with a 04 head. On the 05 head they used narrower runners which is going to give the gas/air mixture more velocity going into the cylinder, with the bigger head of the 04 I am guessing that you wouldnt have the velocity therefot loose some top end. I could be way off here but thats my theory. I guess only a dyno will tell.

I put an R cam and are R headerpipe and it killed the bottem end. I pull it out after one enduro and went back to stock :cry: