Sign in to follow this  

yosh headpipe

I've got a slipon yosh, can I buy a yosh headpipe to fit on or do I have to buy a full system?

yeah - I think 10guy is correct.....at least for a bolt on install. I would think you could easily modify to make it work :cry:

maybe some light grinding/welding :cry:

You might be able to if you could find a yosh headpipe. They don't sell them that way :cry:

I saw a site this morning that sells the headpipe alone, didn't mark the page but it was there. But I've got a buyer now (or so he says)for my slipon, wonder where the best place is to get the full system :cry: I don't think those full systems come to cheap :cry:

My dealer ordered a head pipe from Yosh and it was a perfect fit. Sold it to someone on here. Email Yosh and a tech will give you a part #. :cry:

Thanks Burned. Being a novice, why would I want to change it after this? :cry: And also, wouldn't I be able to replace it with the stock stuff if necessary? Does it need to be an E head pipe or can I use something else? I defer as always to your expertise as I'm just guessing here. :cry:

Thanks

it has to be 2 peices to take it off the bike.there is unlimited reasons why that would be the case.

the yosh head pipe will not work with stock mufflers.it a completely different diameter and length.

if you want to keep a stock muffler and upgrade head pipes i suggest a E muffler and a fmf head pipe.

Eddie,

Sorry for the confusion. I have both exhausts. The previous owner put a yosh slip on to the stock header and gave me the stock exhaust too. I would like to upgrade the stock header to something larger than can weld (fit) to the yosh slip on. I would also like to be able to change out the yosh slip on mod with the stock pipe and exhaust if/when I decide to get sell the bike (so I can get the 450 :cry:). Although I don't intend to upgrade bikes, I would like this flexibility.

Thanks for your insight.

if you make the exhaust one piece you will not be able to install or remove it from the bike.

the yosh head pipe is way bigger and connects at a different point than the stock head pipe.you will lose any benifit of the head pipe by necking it back down to the size of the slip on mid pipe.