Blast from the Past - Bob Hannah

If you didn't find the issue you at least found one that listed Kavinov competing in the GP's that year. I do not remember the guy at all. Not many 15th place finishers made the cover of MXA. Great guess, we have a winner. I actually thought it was Moiseev before I confirmed it in the magazine. ?

I remember watching Bob Hannah race on the Old Hangtown track. He was so fast on a 125, he started to roll his bike across the stream at 5 mph to avoid getting wet. He spanked the others by 30 seconds in the moto, much the same way Bubba does now. In the 2nd moto, he broke the pipe on his 125. Suddenly it had the power of a untuned Vespa. The bike was full throttle and going about 20 mph. He was helpless as he got passed.

I was able to watch Hannah, DeCoster, and Kenny Roberts (dirt & road) race.

Lets have some fun, any guesses on the cover rider? ? :cry:

On the cover it says "Honda help" cr125 fix it. Is this the issue that covered the head shake issue that the '79 125 had? If so I do remember reading it,it said to take a section out of the back-bone too change the rake. Didnt mean to hi-jack...just curious.. ?

Check out the Scott boots. Finally, boots are starting to embrace the plastic and hinge Scott technology of 30 years ago. Their ski boots were the best... for one season. Then you had to get a new pair.

Yeah, do you remember that the Scott boot were the cause of about a million knee surgeries? ? :cry: ?

This was before they had knee braces and this boot had no give to it at all, if something twisted, it was your knee. (no I never had them, but lusted after them like everyone else, but 2 friends of mine had knee surgery as a result of riding with them)

I KNEW i would be faster if I just had a pair.) ?

Check out the Scott boots. Finally, boots are starting to embrace the plastic and hinge Scott technology of 30 years ago. Their ski boots were the best... for one season. Then you had to get a new pair.

Yeah, do you remember that the Scott boot were the cause of about a million knee surgeries? ? :cry: ?

This was before they had knee braces and this boot had no give to it at all, if something twisted, it was your knee. (no I never had them, but lusted after them like everyone else, but 2 friends of mine had knee surgery as a result of riding with them)

I KNEW i would be faster if I just had a pair.) ?

?...Remember the MXL cheapies that had a moon-boot like liner??? Man,you could not feel the shifter or brake pedal at all... ??

Man, there are a ton of old farts on this site, including me ? You have a great memory or you owned one of those early ankle biters. You are correct on the CR125 article.

I did own one,bought and paid for new when I was 16. I bought a DG gold radial head and thought I was the gnatts-a$$.. ?

Everyone needs to break out their copy of On Any Sunday and watch it again. Me and my dad sat sown and watched it and remembered that THAT was motorcycling, gentlemen! Watching those races made me wish for a different time and a different place for a minute.

Ya now it's funny ya say it that way cause I just hooked up with 2 TT'rs today at a big riding park and rode trails all day long for the first time in about 2 or 3 years after being on nothing but tracks. I felt like I was in "a different time and a different place for a minute".

We had a good ride today ?

? :cry: ?