Sign in to follow this  

400E ignition question

does the 400E have a key ignition like the street legal model? I ask because I live ina state where the street conversion is extremely easy...not even an inspection.

Why you asking about an electric start bike??? Thinking of doing away with the kick???? :cry: :cry: :cry:

:cry: I was answering not asking. I figure I'll try the kick and see what happens, I have a feeling that my original engine is going to end up as fast if not faster by the time I'm done with it. If it can't be a quick and relatively inexpensive fix then it's all or nothing :cry:

Why you asking about an electric start bike??? Thinking of doing away with the kick???? :cry: :cry: :cry:

:cry: I was answering not asking. I figure I'll try the kick and see what happens, I have a feeling that my original engine is going to end up as fast if not faster by the time I'm done with it. If it can't be a quick and relatively inexpensive fix then it's all or nothing :cry:

sorry wicked and I had a discusion on E start bikes awile back... nothing to do with your 450 :lol:

Iam considering a DRZ400E which happens to have an electric start yes..but not because it does..just tossing ideas around..looking to buy in about 4 weeks or so now that i am settled here in wyoming. I am still leaning more towards the 650R for outright power and reliability, but again, still a tossup.

Yeah sure im just waiting for that post:

"Man I fell the other day and the bike just fired right up..I sure miss the days of kicking it untill im exausted"

Iam considering a DRZ400E which happens to have an electric start yes..but not because it does..just tossing ideas around..looking to buy in about 4 weeks or so now that i am settled here in wyoming. I am still leaning more towards the 650R for outright power and reliability, but again, still a tossup.

You will love the drz its a great bike.... not that the 650 is not, they do own the brute power down pat and they flat hall :cry: I love my E its dual sported and that wasn't easy here in CA. I have yosh cams and cdi and a few other mods and the bike is FAST. If you get a DRZ you won't be disappointed when its set up right. Oh and if you install a kickstart it fires up easy one or two kicks! I'll be doing a 440 kit here soon its relatively inexpensive power boost. :cry: