Sign in to follow this  

saw an 05 KTM 525 MXC dual sported today

was out window shopping today and my local KTM dealet was setting up two new 525 MXC 's GAWD dang they had cute little front blinkers and a smallish tailight piece and plate frame for mounting the plate vertically. I asked him if he can get a CA plate he said yes but he would'nt advertise that :cry: I dont know what that means BUT that BIKE was freaking awesome...... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sounds like a great bike. I can't imagine what they would ask for it with a CA plate. :cry:

You know I've heard that the three letters in their name stand for "Maximum Profit Center" :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw the 05 EXC line today. Gotta say I think the headlights are ugly as crap. I hoped KTM would've come up with something more appealing. And $8000 for a 250?!?!?! Who the hell can justify that?

You just dont know where to shop! My 300 woulda cost over 7K out the door locally at Major Profit Center, I got it for 5800 SHIPPED to my door. Shop around.

Bob......why would a dealer dual sport an MXC? They have no headlights or tail lights.... :cry:

You mean an EXC? :cry:

This is true about not knowing where to shop. However, it's not like there are that many KTm dealers around! I live in Atlanta. I know of ProLine in Duluth (which is where I saw them) and another one in Gainesville. To me, I honestly don't think the price is b/c it's a KTM. I think that anything you buy in ATL is overpriced, from a dealer anyway. I went to Alabama for my new KLX400...much better price and far superior service to boot.

You just dont know where to shop! My 300 woulda cost over 7K out the door locally at Major Profit Center, I got it for 5800 SHIPPED to my door. Shop around.

Bob......why would a dealer dual sport an MXC? They have no headlights or tail lights.... :cry:

no It was the MXC, their cross country line as described in their brochure.... which has the larger tank and no lights but on their web site and at the dealer's yard I saw two 525 MXCs which were dual sported. I didn't ask alot of questions maybe the bikes were being prepared to be shipped out of state? The motocross bikes are SX.

I saw another one at the blizzrd dual sport ride. Its a MXC with a full lights package.

Looks like I'm not the only one that doesn't shop local for KTM stuff. :cry:

As for dual sporting an MXC, it does have a lighting coil, and some prefer the closer ratio gear box and bigger tank. :cry: