Sign in to follow this  

Ive Changed

Well today my friend with a 05 CRF250 came over to ride around. We are planning on going to the track tomorow. Well the last time i rode a 4 stroke MX bike was a 02 yz250f. I hated it. I rode his crf and LOVED it. Im sellin my bike and goin to try to buy a new 05. I currently ride a 03 cr250 and like it but im already faster on his bike. I love it!!

i just didnt like the power of the yzf.it felt slow and week but the guy like NEVER did any oil changes or anything so that could be a reason.

the yzf felt slow, are you kidding? i had a 02 yzf 250 and i think it was much more powerful than my crf at all rpm ranges, i wish i still had the yzf.

as i said...i dont think the guy did anything to take care of the bike so it might have just been a crappy bike. i never remeber him saying anything about changing oil or anything. the only thing he might have done is clean the airfilter maybe a few times while he owned it. i rode this crf250 which is like new and he actually takes care of it and love it. im getting one hopefully. its make me feel like my bike is too much for me now.

The YZF definitely has more bottom-end. My CRF eats 'em up in the mid to high ranges. The CRF handles better and looks better and you don't need to buy some aftermarket cam just so it will start.

Good choice, go with the CRF!

i never istalled the auto-decompression cam on my 02 yzf and i never had any starting issues. The CRF does look better and handle better, but I really miss the YZF power.