Sign in to follow this  

Local Riding is Difficult to Find, suggestions?

Locally there's been quite a drama unfolding for the last 6 months or so. A local guy has fought long and hard to make (and keep) his private MX track open to his "riding club" members. Without going into the long drawn out story, basically the Audubon Society and a few pissy neighbors have shut him down. He has money to throw at this issue, and it'll end up in court soon.

But on to the real reason for this post: Anyone here have experiences with local riding clubs doing things to help improve the public's eye view of the whole thing? Anyone do charity events with off roading or anything?

It would be really nice to get more of the public behind us for support, but that is difficult to do. We want allies. I want the sport to be viewed in a positive light. (This is precisely why I hate squids who do stupid sh*t and create negative news media stories.)

Suggestions and comments welcome.

We used to have lots of sandpits to ride mx bikes in. All are gone due to lawsuits, building and noise complaints. The guys still riding are all now in the woods. If you want ride mx you have to drive an hour 1/2 and like crowds.

I guess you don't know what you got until it's gone.