Sign in to follow this  

Big Bore HELP!

Got my big bore kit for my 125L, and i installed it just like the instructions said, and it wont start. I must have taken out the motor 5 times today. Doesnt feel like it has any compression. I kickstarted it like a million times, and the furthest it got was a loud pop, then i gave up. It seems like air is blowing OUT of the exhaust and intake. Anybody installed one yet? Can anybody give me some advice plz. Im in south florida, and am about to throw this bike into a canal. :cry:

Cam timing is critical. Make sure that the timing is correct to get good compression and ignition spark. Check it carefully, such that the exhaust is closing and intake is opening near the top of the stroke, observing the cam lobes.

Set the valve clearance opposite this by 1 full rotation, near top dead center on the compression stroke.

If the carb is suspect, try some starter fluid.

James

So, you're supposed to adjust valve clearance one full stroke from TDC?

Also,

I installed the cams facing down. The flywheel is set on the mark. Is that when i put the cam sprocket in?

Sorry about the questions, but i followed the bbr instructions, and yet no luck.

My 88cc crf 50 feel like it has way more compression, and i had no problems installing the big bore.

Thanks!

Also, i put starter fluid in the carb and in the cylinder, and nothing... But i do get spark.